Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All

DiscoStu

Hello everyone, my names Andrew and i come from Cambridge.

I've been reading bits and bobs from this forum and thought it was about time i'd register.

I bought a scope as a present for someone (Nexstar 80 slt ) and had a few goes with it a few months ago and have been hooked since. So i decided to buy myself a cheap scope and got a Skywatcher 130p Heritage, i bought a range of filters and eyepieces and now about to buy an eq3-2 mount with motors, plus ive managed to borrow a canon 40d dslr for imaging.

Hopefully ill be able to take some shots where you can make out more than a blur. Im a complete beginner so its all going to be trial and error and thats where sgl will come handy :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andrew

Hello, good evening and welcome!

I too am a novice and am just getting into astrophotography, I have found SGL and it's members a great source of information and help and I am sure they will hold your hand on your first astro steps as they did with me.

Happy snapping!

Archived