NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A Formal Introduction

WWPierre

I am Peter Legere, and I live in Squamish, B.C., possibly the worst place in the world to be an astronomer. I have been an astronomer all my life, but only lately have I acquired a telescope. As a matter of fact, In the last couple of years I have accumulated a "lifetime" collection, ranging from a Galilleoscope to a 16" Lightbridge. The middle part of my collection consists of scopes, mounts, and accessories which I have purchased mostly second hand and assembled into working optical assemblies.

I am a moderator in another astronomy forum, and I seem to have committed a gross error in etiquette here by jumping into an existing thread, and posting a link to a question that I asked on my "home" forum. For that I humbly appoligize.

The question concerned the collimation of a 90mm Mak. I have since resolved the question by finding the collimation screws inside the scope after removing the diagonal.

I assure you all that I am neither a hack, nor did I intend to lure any of your members to my home turf.

I would like to think that I can visit here occasionally, and seek information or contribute as the occasion arises.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Peter, I assume you are in Canada, we all think our home is the worst place to do astronomy? All members are welcome from any other forum, I am a member of 4 forums and it is just not an issue here so relax and ask any question or help answer others questions at your leisure - enjoy the site.

Regards, JohnH.

Hi Peter and welcome to SGL :mad:

I spent some time in Vancouver in the 90's with frequent visits to Whistler, Squamish and the islands - I can confirm that whilst absolutely stunning BC is not really ideal weatherwise for astronomy... that said neithers much of England :D:)

James

Archived