NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I have a scope at last.....

Teddy

Hi all

Just had to tell someone I have a scope.....

Been reading and using bino's for a year now and feel ready.

I have a second hand (can't tell) skywatcher 150p dob. I though it will be a great start scope for me n family and it will also help me learn the sky even more.

I now am waiting on a nice eye piece set which is on it's way from FLO ( thanks guys)

So there u go.... I had to get it off my chest ..

Ps soz if it's cloudy as yep .... My fault

Teddy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you guys.

I am hopeing for a clear night tomo. (we will see) i will do a first light report if u guys would be intrested.

Going to plan my nights veiwing whilst waiting for the post man tomo

Can't wait

Teddy

Thanks Sam

It's a nice scope and u clearly looked after it , I will do the same.

Gone for the revalation photo-visual eyepeice kit.

Just seems good value for money and will keep me busy for long enough. Flo helped me this morning.

Have u ordered your new scope yet sam.

Thanks u all for the nice comments

Eye pieces tomo n cloud tonight. Let's hope tomo I will get a lucky hour or two at least... Fingers crossed !! Got my daughters round so would be a nice treat for them.

Teddy.

No plans to what I an going to view. May be use turn left at Orion as a guide. What u think ?

It's looking good Teddy - I'm a tad jealous :)

My HEQ5 PRO mount arrived today to go with the Skywatcher Explorer 200 PDS that arrived last week. Between the two of us, that should be cloud guaranteed over most of the country!

Congratulations on your new scope and it does look quite fetching in its new home. The tilt of the scope gives the impression that's it's also checking up on the weather, ready for your first outing together :)

Turn Left at Orion is a very good start, its informative, easy to use and you have a great basis on which to plan your evenings viewing.

Clear skies and look forward to reading your first observing report!

James

Congrats on jumping in :) Nice scope!

The Revelation eyepiece set is a good starter. Did well (won best) in the Sky at Night mag tests. I have one myself, the only difficult Plossl I found was the 9mm as the eye relief was poor, especially if you wear glasses. I invested in an 8mm Celestron XCel with 55 degree field of view (the Baaders are 68 degrees! But double the price) what a difference that made over the plossl, but that's my only complaint about the set.

Hope you see some action :D

Clear skies!

Mark

Archived