Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I have a scope at last.....

Teddy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your a good lot on this site ....

Eye pieces have come. Look a nice set. Really pleased. FLO got then here very quickly

100% cloud at the mo. Yep that 200p n my dob will ruin it for a few nites

Everybody keep fingers crossed the clouds go!!!

Congrats on the scope purchase - I also have a Sky-Watcher instrument, but yours is a little bigger (mine's the 130mm on an EQ-2 mount). Mine is still revealing new objects all the time, and I have spent many a night under the stars with it, and will spend many more! This range of scopes is well balanced when it comes to trading off weight/price for aperture, and the optics are renowned for good quality.

Clear skies, George.

Thanks peoples...

Hey as i have yet used my scope due to clouds.....aaarrrggghhh :p:mad::):D: i thought i would at least ask a further question to keep my mind of the clouds.....

Has any one got any tips or advice (instead of learning the hard way) on how to use the dob. i am gonna star hop and learn the sky but any tips one use and storage would be great.:):D

this site is keeping me from getting angry about the clouds :):)

Teddy

Congrats on the 'scope! :)

Cloud, rain, and too many pesky midges down here at the moment. Not had a chance to look at the night skies for a while now (maybe getting the 13mm and 21mm Hyperions has 'double whammied' me). /sigh :D

On the storage aspect, something that might work out ok as a dust cover, is the cheap motorbike cover that Lidl do?

I got mine for £12 for two (for the motorbikes) which was brilliant value. They aren't 'that' big, and can be tidied up with luggage straps.

Waterproof too.

For my ST120 on its AZ3, I park it in a corner pointing up so it's nice and neat folded, and put a cheap summer weight sleeping bag over it (got to make sure it's comfy and gets its beauty sleep). :)

cheers for that advice

hey does dust and damp stay away , i heard u should store ur scope horizontal ?? is that true

I was also thinking one of them garden store units maybe ?? dont know if they do one big enough. bet £70 would find one

You'll be fine storing it 'stood up' with a dust cover over it.

Things you might like to look for are: Ring Nebula, Dumbell Nebula, Alberio, M13, M92.

My recommendations are: get a good red dot finder, get a comfortable chair, add a knob close to the top of the scope to use to easily and precisely move the scope.

Enjoy!

Helen

Archived