NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi everyone

NGC 1502

I'm new to SGL although I've been into astronomy since I was a lad ( I'm 61 ) What a great playground this is !! I'm strictly a visual observer only & a member of a local astro club here in SE Essex. I'm a keep it simple sort with regard to equipment & get great pleasure in finding objects manually. I had no other option when I started out so have stayed with it. I'm not anti goto, you never know, I may get one sometime :) Happy viewing, Ed.

Hi Ed, welcome to the forum, im determined not to succumb to goto both to save money and also because i get a perverse pleasure from locating interesting objects. The thrill is in the chase so they say... Hope you enjoy it here :)

Hi Ed,

Great to have you aboard and the philosophy of keeping it simply is a pretty good one to have. Taking time out to find things manually is also a good thing to do as it puts you in touch with the scale of it all - and there's quite a bit of it out there.

Happy observing and clear skies!

James

Archived