Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

birmingham uk

kesom

hi all,great site ye've got here

i used to do a little star gazing when i was younger and have always wanted to get back into it so here i am :D

i live in birmingham,uk and am new to the area so dont know any good observing sites and hav'nt got on to any of the local astromical societies yet but hope to in the near future :D

i've got £300 to get myself set up with a telescope for some lunar observation but i will be more into deeper observation of the planets and hopefully ferther if i can :(

thanks for lookin and any advice on my new purchase would be greatfully accepted

K

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Keson

Welcome, I'm am like yourself, NEW. I see ya thinking of you first scope. The advice you will get on this forum is exellent, if a little confusing at first. So much to learn, but all worth it, as the knowledge stays with you a lifetime.

Web sites i have found useful.

UK Astronomy Directory - links and news for UK astronomers

Astro-Tom.com

Your Sky

Birmingham Astronomical Society |

Federation of Astronomical Societies - Home

Latitude and Longitude of a Point

Messier Index

I have loads of other links to info sites, but find the above the most useful. One thing that is a must have and is a FREE (yes FREE!) a program download called "Stellarium" It is a night sky program, you just put in your location latitude and longitude (go here Your Sky) and it shows you the sky from you position.

All the best

Cheers

Tim from Walsall

PS I maybe selling a scope and mount Celestron Omni xlt 127 on a EQ3-2 mount. Not given it much thought so not sure of price, ya probably best to ask what others on this site think to the idea as my advice would be biased. I now thinking around the £300 region with a 10mm and 25mm

Archived