NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Messier Images

moondog

Thanks guys. I managed to get 40 mins of clear sky last Thursday!  - but the clouds were rolling in from the West.....

So I did M13 first then down and East progressively to M57, M27 and lastly M15. Fast motors on the mount are important when you've gotta cram in a lot in a short time. Thank goodness the scope cools pretty quickly too !

Incidentally I used 'DeepSky Stacker' instead of Registax. Gordon C gave a link to this software. It's been optimised for the Canon and did a better job than Registax - and all automatically. Like it says on the tin it's only for stars and DSO's though, no good for the moon or planets.

:laugh:

MD

Martin

It's thanks to help from people on the website, like yourself, that makes it easier for us novices to get a good start.

Welcome back, hope you had a good holiday.

Next time the Deep Sky Section is looking a bit sparse you'll have to go on another holiday, tough, but someone's got to do it!

8)

MD

Archived