Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

wulfrunian

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

Folks the sky is clearing here in Wolves but wind strength might be a problem.

What do people think about tonight?:)

Folks the sky is clearing here in Wolves but wind strength might be a problem.

What do people think about tonight?:)

Yeah its clear ish over here but a big band of cloud rolling in hope it clears up

I'm on nights but if anyone's going, text me and I'll text the farmer :)

Cant make tonight but if its clear tomorrow im def going, will you e going tomorrow?

Sorry peeps you can blame me for the cloudy weather as i picked up my new CG5-GT mount today :)

Lets hope its clear tomorrow

Yaaay. New mount. Boooo. Clouds.

:(

OK

We could possibly get away with a few hours observing tomorrow, probably a bit L8r on about 9ish. Don't take my word for it though, it is a calculated guestimate with a touch of optimism thrown in for good measure. The truth in the pudding is to wait until 2morrow for a more positive look at the weather and/or turn up regardless. But we all new that anyway. :)

If 2morrow is a go, If at all possible Steve_bham, would it be ok to turn up slightly earlier, say 6 to set up ?

Clear skies

OK

We could possibly get away with a few hours observing tomorrow, probably a bit L8r on about 9ish. Don't take my word for it though, it is a calculated guestimate with a touch of optimism thrown in for good measure. The truth in the pudding is to wait until 2morrow for a more positive look at the weather and/or turn up regardless. But we all new that anyway. :)

If 2morrow is a go, If at all possible Steve_bham, would it be ok to turn up slightly earlier, say 6 to set up ?

Clear skies

OK

Yeah thats no problem, fingers crossed this rain goes.

Cant make tonight but if its clear tomorrow im def going, will you e going tomorrow?

No, on a night tonight as well, I'll text the farmer now to let him know you'll be there if it's clear. Fingers crossed you have a good night :)

Yeah raining here :(

I made my decision whilst getting soaked in the garden earlier (cutting down conifers to improve my Western horizon - the wife doesn't know my motivation, she thinks I'm doing it for her :) ).

Have you guys seen this? - The Wrottesley Memorial Conference on Victorian and Edwardian Astronomy at the Black Country Museum. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Allan Chapman may be one of the speakers.

March events - Black Country Living Museum - Britain's friendliest open air museum

I'm hoping to go, although it'll be a rather full weekend with the SGL Imaging confreence in Bedford the next day!

Edited by michaelmorris

Have you guys seen this? - The Wrottesley Memorial Conference on Victorian and Edwardian Astronomy at the Black Country Museum. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Allan Chapman may be one of the speakers.

March events - Black Country Living Museum - Britain's friendliest open air museum

I'm hoping to go, although it'll be a rather full weekend with the SGL Imaging confreence in Bedford the next day!

Thanks for the heads up I shall try and go.:)

The forecast for this Saturday's looking quite promising at the moment, though obviously that doesn't mean much. Anyone up for it if it's ok?

I can definitely go, though it'd probably be towards 9pm when I get there after the match - for anyone who has to travel through Wolverhampton to get there, remember that the roads will be full of Wolves and Man U fans, the game kicks off at 5.30pm.

I'm around this weekend...if my tonsilitis eases off, I might come along!:)

I'm around this weekend...if my tonsilitis eases off, I might come along!:)

Cool, be good to see you there.

I'll be thinking of you when I'm in the deepest darkest Limousin region of France.

Afraid you'll have to count me out for this weekend and next.

So "What's Occurring"? :headbang:

We could meet up, go for a tot, then see what the skies are like. Sounds like a good plan 2 me. :p

Lets get them PM's going.

OK