Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

Forecast is good for tonight still.

I'm a bit hoarse still (neeeiiiiiiigh!) but if I can get my temperature down, I might pop along for an hour or two.

As Wulfrunian will definitely be there after 9, I'll text him before then to let him know if I am coming. If you're all at a nearby pub, I'm sure he'll point me in the right direction! :headbang:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall be leaving mine at about 18.30 from Oldbury to site. If anyone needs a lift, pm me before then. I can take one more person. If anyone else is going, please remember to dress sensibly but you knew that anyhow. :headbang:

Clear Skies

OK

Hope it was a good session, I really wanted to be there but baby feeds and bottle cleaning, making etc called tonight.

Hope to see you all there at the next one.

Stu

P.S Anyone up for the Walsall Beer Festival this month? I'm there on the Friday

Thanks for a great night's viewing, Malcolm and Michael.

Steve - it was good to meet you again.

What a brilliant site - a proper 180 degree horizon!

It was great to line our scopes up on Saturn and compare the views - what a treat!

Thanks again.

Looking forward to the next time!

p.s. Good hats, guys! :p:headbang:

Thanks for a great night's viewing, Malcolm and Michael.

Steve - it was good to meet you again.

What a brilliant site - a proper 180 degree horizon!

It was great to line our scopes up on Saturn and compare the views - what a treat!

Thanks again.

Looking forward to the next time!

p.s. Good hats, guys! ;):headbang:

Glad you could make it, must admit the seeing was excellent last night and i got to try my new mount out :p

Was good to meet if the rest for a few hours.

Well that was a good night wasn't it. Great company and a great sky to go with it. Sorry a few people was unable to make it last night, especially Stu and SteveWolves. You were missed, but don't dismay, there ARE going to be other opportunities soon we hope.

All the best for now

OK

Well that was a good night wasn't it. Great company and a great sky to go with it. Sorry a few people was unable to make it last night, especially Stu and SteveWolves. You were missed, but don't dismay, there ARE going to be other opportunities soon we hope.

All the best for now

OK

Totally agree the sky was amazing, and thanks for your help getting my mount aligned :headbang:

Yes it was a fantastic night, great sky and of course company! Thanks to all. Sorry I arrived just as you were packing away Steve. It was good comparing views through different scopes. Some especially awesome views of M35 and Saturn, and entertaining going backwards and forwards between all the scopes looking at Saturn - I really am considering tracking for the dob though, as every time we went back to lulu's it was still there sitting waiting for us in the eyepiece :headbang:

I think you need to dig out your other hats though lulu, last night's was worryingly sensible compared with ours!

Looking forward very much to the next one, hopefully next Saturday if the skies stay kind.

(PS - the ISS is visible tonight at 7.01pm and 8.36pm, just thought I'd let you know in good time :p)

(PS - the ISS is visible tonight at 7.01pm and 8.36pm, just thought I'd let you know in good time ;))

Telling someone information 30 minutes after it was practically useful isn't that bad for me, actually! :p

As regards hats...I might dig out my fluffy lime green bobble hat for next time (but it might distract you from the stars!:headbang:).

Can't do the next two weekends unfortunately, but I'd definitely like to come along again another time.

Thought you guys would be there on Saturday - I was in Wolves boogying to Mumford and Sons at the Wulfrun. I'll make it eventually.

Just wanted to say thanks for the invite via text. Just read it actually (which is why I didn't reply, sorry) - I can be abit rubbish looking at my work phone at the weekend.

Steve

Unfortunately, after a couple of gruelling days of driving, and little sleep, I know that come 9pm tonight, I am going to be really tired and grumpy so will be unable to make it tonight for any observing.

I hope that if anyone decides to make more of an effort than myself, that they are rewarded with clear skies.

OK

Unfortunately, after a couple of gruelling days of driving, and little sleep, I know that come 9pm tonight, I am going to be really tired and grumpy so will be unable to make it tonight for any observing.

I hope that if anyone decides to make more of an effort than myself, that they are rewarded with clear skies.

OK

Doesnt look to good round by me wall to wall cloud.

Got home a short while back; great result for the Wolves but no luck with the skies! I can't make the next few Saturdays, though I can sometimes get out other nights of the week if anyone else is free, see how the weather goes.

Howdy Dingles. Although I am pretty much busy now until mid April I'd love to come out on one of your star staring evenings if that's ok? My g/f lives in W-ton (yes. she's a Dingle) so have no problems with the language etc. I'll keep checking in here.

Off topic, but i thought I would offer to local group first.

I have on order and paid for a Celestron Omni xlt 120 refractor on a CG-4. I paid £279.00, Does anybody want this deal? or shall I just cancel my order.

You should know that I now have 2x other scopes, so no longer need this one.

If you want it we can arrange for me to have £279.00 (my cost, can be held by 3rd party if it makes you happier) and then wait till April/May for them to come back into stock. At which time Telescope Planet will deliver to me.

Don't let this take over the thread, reply by PM only please. If I have no replies within 2 days I'll put it on general forum for 2 days. If nobody wants it I'll just cancel.

Cheers

Tim

Hope to meet you all at a gathering soon.

The forecast for Saturday night looks clear.

I'm at the theatre, but I have a friend who might like to pop along...:)

Although the next few Saturdays are out for me, I could probably do this Sunday if it's clear, if anyone's interested? I'm off the next day :mad: though I expect most of the rest of you are at work, oh well!

Hi all. I'm back.

Well that was not a bad weekend really. The weather forecast was mainly grim with rain for Friday and Sunday. Friday night was supposed to be "maybe" good, with Saturday sunny spells. As it happened, Friday was grim with rain and Friday night was rainy and cloudy. At 3.30 Saturday morning there were stars visible but through a thin blanket of cloud. Not very good. I decided to go back to bed. Saturday was mainly good with really nice clear but moonlit skies on the night. The campsite I would only give about 3/10 for astronomy so I wont be going there again in a hurry, but about 6/10 for just a couple of night stay local to the area around Salisbury. However, one of the regular guests on site took interest in my being there and was keen to demonstrate one of his cameras that he markets. An IQ type of Mintron with WEB access and if anyone may be interested his website is Welcome to WIRRALCAM - The closest thing to being there although personally, I dont know much on this side of things, nor know if his cameras are suitable for astronomy, but he was a really nice guy and he enjoyed the views of the moon through my scope. We did get some basic images of the moon on a quick set up with various lenses he had attached to the camera on his lappy. I have not been to his site yet but will visit after this post. Sunday spent 5 hours photographing Stonehenge. Excellent. A great weekend Friday to Sunday.

Hope you're all well

OK

Amendum: The above post was a personal trip out for me and was not connected to the observing done by the Wolves and Black Country Observers Group. Hope no one is misled in any way.

:(

Archived