Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

B33 Widefield 8h 30m Baader Modified 1000D

Psychobilly

First for a while...

Captured over 3 nights in the last 7 days

68x450s Lights with 40 darks, 40 flats, 40 Dark Flats and 40 Bias... Stacked in DSS post processed CS3

Baader BCF modified Canon 1000D on Megrez 72 with FFIII IDAS P2 Filter

Mounted on CPC800XLT fixed Pier and Wedge Guided DSI IIC on 500mm f8

B33%20Widefield%208h30m.jpg

Billy...

oh very sweet Billy, this is very nice and loads of subs in there..

Great to see you posting again, know the feeling with the clouds at the moment.

I have been trying different things with the recent break in the clouds.

Love this shot but have a go at toning down the red channel a bit, would be interested in the result.

The brown stuff is supposed to be there... go and search out deep images and see how much dust is in the region...

like this one ...

http://www.newforestobservatory.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/nebulae/WideField_Horsehead_Area_M25C_Greg_Noel_3.jpg

You could try telling Noel Carboni and Greg Parker to tone down their image as well then... ;)

Billy...

Beautiful Peter,

Without doubt, your best image to date. (ever)?

Very well processed and I knew there was more detail behind that 'Horse'!

The colour is, well, spot on.

A benchmark for all DSLR users.

I'm glad you posted this, just before you went on holiday!!!!!

;)

Barry.

Very nice Peter, I'd agree with the comments about your best to date. That flame nebula is lovely and smooth to the edges without losing the detail. Colours spot on too, and nice to see the stars with colour too.

What's next?

Cheers all...

This year has been pretty dire so far.. but had a few opportunities to get out over the last week thanks to the easterly flow... I know its been a nightmare for the east coast brigade but i get a similar problem once the westerlies start up again..

I'm playing about with t few new things... new to me anyway to try and get ready for Galaxy season.. and also had a dabble at planetary and lunar...

Images are going to be fewer and far between than they used to be.. as the absolute minimum depth for DSO's will be 8 hours although I might get away with less for some things... The intermediates wont be posted anymore although there maybe tweaks to the "final" image...

Cheers,

Peter...

Archived