Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Fox and Cone.

ollypenrice

Sounds like a pub. I'm never quite sure which bit the fox fur is supposed to be, or rather I can ony occasionally see it. Anyway, five hours with the OSC Atik 4000 and three with the mono and 7nm Baader Ha. (Great filter) in the Baby Q. I also shot a few hours of OSC at 950mm in the 5 inch but sadly either a focus slip or sky failure made a lot of it useless. The good bits did look nice though so I might try again. I used about 90 mins of that. Nine below, last night. Brrr.

Sorry about the bad crop. Hadn't noticed that.

Olly

742593771_Wntih-X3.jpg

Lovely Olly, I'd be interested to see just the Ha result in comparison if you get 5 mins :D

Looking at Dennis' pic you can see why they call it a fox fur, I just wondered if there is a bit more detail in your Ha subs alone?

Hi All,

Here's the Ha but pushed a bit harder than the version I used. It is quite noisy and so I wouldn't use it pushed this hard. I really hate noise. This is an image taken with a guest so for my own buzz I would take enough data to sharpen and contrast more than this but that would be at the expense of an other image in terms of time. But I agree, it could carry more detail. However, I know of no way of retaining all the Ha detail in an image which is rich in colour. I'm listening if anyone out there does know!!!

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Nebulae-and-clusters/hAFORrEGISTARhicontrast/743321387_sMrpY-XL.jpg

Archived