NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Battern down the hatches

George

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I can well and truly confirm Somerset is being OWNED by mother nature at the moment LOL. I got SOAKED just filling up the car with petrol... and nearly blew away! Although I do look like a stick insect lol

Yep, I can well and truly confirm Somerset is being OWNED by mother nature at the moment LOL. I got SOAKED just filling up the car with petrol... and nearly blew away! Although I do look like a stick insect lol

I'm still at work (Devon) and am mildly apprehensive about driving back to Taunton... the wind is either going to blow me off the motorway or get me along at 100mph... :rolleyes:

James

Do you mean batten down the hatches, or batter them down?

Lots of fuss about this, but I suspect only because of the part of the country it's hitting. I expect to see three or four like this, or worse, every winter here on the North Coast of Northern Ireland.

Here in Derby at the moment it's cloudy but no rain and the wind is 2mph gusting to 6mph. There was some light rain for a while earlier the evening but other than that it's been dry all day with sunny breaks in the morning. Latest forecast is windy Sat morning but clearing later in the day.

John

Archived