NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 from Kielder

Starflyer

I had a few targets in mind for Kielder but ended up spending most of the clear sky time on this target.

The image is composed of 9 x 900s + 12 x 300s subs with darks, flats and bias. I did take a couple of 30 minute subs but high cloud spoiled one and the single one didn't add much to the image. I stacked the two sets of subs separately and the two images were then combined with Registar and a few final tweaks made in Photoshop.

WO ZS80 FD / TV 0.8x reducer flattener / Badder modded Canon 450D

EQ6 Pro, guided with a WO ZS66SD / QHY5 / EQMOD

starflyer-albums-starflyer-s-dso-album-picture3108-m33-17th-october-2009.jpg

Ian

Thanks for the comments :)

Here's the full sized image.

I'm not going to spend any more time on it this year, but I'll definitely add some Ha data to it next year. Of course, if someone has a 2" Ha filter they would like to loan / donate to me then I could be persuaded to get some more data this year ;)

Yep... I love my ZS80 FD too, what flattener do you use Dave, or do you get away without one for the camera you use?

Hi Ian

Good to seak to yourself & others in the imaging corner.

Still on the road since Kielder so film not yet processed while some shots still in camera but will certainly post any results on Stargazers when I get home... then onto Galloway Starcamp.

Mikey

Thats a cracker Ian, very crisp in a nice FOV.

A lot of images of M33 have the faint graininess caused by almost resolved stars at the edge lost in noise reduction, good to see you didn't go down that route. ;)

Yes, I love my ZS80FD too!

It's currently being modified by Barry at Beacon Hill telescopes. I'm having the tube extended so I don't need to use any extensions on the back when imaging, as the focuser sags with all the rammel I hang off the back!

Cheers

Rob

Archived