NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Salisbury Star Party 360°

I spent all night on Saturday 22nd August waiting for the clouds to part but decided at 4.00am to turn off my main imaging rig and put the covers on. Within 5 minutes the clouds parted for an hour just before dawn. I decided to grab my Canon 50D and tripod and grab a few static shots. I was using my 10-20mm Sigma lens set to 10mm F4 and decided to do the whole sky :) with 30s exposures at ISO 1000.

The panorama was stitched with MIcrosoft ICE and finished in PSCS3

beyondvision-albums-widefield-picture2668-salisbury-star-party-before-dawn-canon-50d-sigma-dc-10-20mm-lens-multiple-pane-mosiac-30s-iso1000-f4.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Looks great Kevin, well worth the effort in stitching!

I wonder which one will rise first, the sun, or southampton! :)

Great stuff, i'll have to watch how you do this one time, I can never get these to work.

Well put together image.

That looks like a fair bit of LP though.

I thought the skies there were meant to be very good.

Hoping to go there on the next new moon, but now I am wondering if its worth the trip :)

The cental light dome is the sunrise and there was a lot of moisture in the air so it looks a lot worse than what it was like on the Thursday night.

Regards

Kevin

Great panorama Kevin.

Aza, the skies were great, the Milky Way for example revealed at least treble the amount of stars we see from our home location. Also if you are only going to see the moon I don't think a little light pollution will make much difference. It is a great dark site...

Great panorama Kevin.

Aza, the skies were great, the Milky Way for example revealed at least treble the amount of stars we see from our home location. Also if you are only going to see the moon I don't think a little light pollution will make much difference. It is a great dark site...

Aza, sorry if I misunderstood your post..:)

carl

What a cracking panarama Kevin, so good I have saved it for me desktop (hope you dont mind :))

Tuesday night was the best IMHO, the Milky way was almost the best I have seen + Sagittarius was low on the horizon and its jewels clearly observed through 10 x 50 bins.

Archived