Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are your GOALS.......

Doc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Find a job so I can keep hold of my kit :)

Top goal Kev - PM me, I might have some advice to lend a hand (been there some years ago...)

Goal #1

Keep in touch with "friends in the sky" - i.e. don't become familiar with anything I've observed already - they are all stars and deserve my time no matter how many times I've seen them !

Goal #2

Make time in every observing session to find something "new". Double the time I look, study...appreciate and then wonder.

Goal #3

Ask for help and also share my learnings and be known for that on SGL - the hobby is bigger than my ego.

That'll do for now !

Cheers

Steve

Concentrate on my sketching of the Moon and Planets, along with recording better observing reports, also i would like to document the whole winters activity with a small scope and just a few basic eyepieces just to see what can be done in my highly LP back yard and i mean highly, 12 security lights to date, hey but there is the Moon to keep me busy.

Mick.

Mine are:

- to get all the kit I have properly set up and working consistently

- to then learn to process colour effectively

- to get a PoW

and all while still enjoying it!

and then when its all running sweetly and I can leave it do its thing of collecting photons, to become a better observer with the Dob and get all those oohs and aaahs

Helen

Observe and image all the Lunar 100 and the Isabel Williamson Lunar observing list and all the visible lunar domes

Do more DSO observing and imaging.

Do more sketching.

There's no timescale on these - they're just aspirations.

Also, try to think about something other than astronomy, birdwatching and prog rock!

My goal is to get the hang of my Celestron goto mount (nearly cracked it) to many technical words in the manual, do the people how write these manuals know that some of us don`t have a clue about what there on about ! L0L

When i`m there I want to get quality snaps of the planets with my webcam, then hopefully bigger scope in the future to look at DSO`s

having lots of fun along the way and with any luck make it to some of these star parties next year, I think you learn alot more by talking to people face to face. :)

That was so cruel... :):evil6::)

Wasn't meant to be;).Seriously if i somehow managed to get a POTW for a deep sky image then i would probably value it more(cheque's in the post TJ.)

It was great to get an APOD but it wasn't a deep sky shot and that is what i would like to achieve,a really good DeepSky Image.

That'll be Gaz's large image.

Aah, helping you to achieve one of your goals is so satisfying :)

:)

This season for me, is just to keep on enjoying it really. I'm confident enough with the imaging kit to leave it alone and get on with observing while that collects data so I guess my only real goal is to improve my still quite poor star hopping skills so I can work through the 'Hidden Treasures' book.

Tony..

Archived