Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are your GOALS.......

Doc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very simple, very basic goal, scrape together enough cash in-between house repairs to actually buy a 'scope...any 'scope.

Actually planning along the lines of

1) Get a GEM I can put my DSLR on, but which can also carry a modest 'scope.

2) Buy a 'scope ( eg 80mm semi-apo) to go on it.

3) Upgrade GEM to something serious.

4) Upgrade 'scope to 5" apo.

In between doing all this, get my eye in again after too many decades without a 'scope, set up a modest imaging system, and have fun under the stars.

Dave

Tim, APOD really isn't all that difficult... just submit something they don't already have a bazillion images of. :)

Yeh, I know that Carol, but I'd like eventually to be able to settle on some kit that will be reliable enough and consistent enough, and to learn how to get the very most out of it, and then to take an object that has a bazillion images, and do it differently. Deeper, clearer, sharper, I dont mind, whatever, but I'd love to get an image which revealed something previously unseen, a new aspect to an old favourite. You never know eh? :) It's a very private goal, as I dont submit images anywhere, but having APOD "confirm" the image would be nice.

It'll probably never happen, I live in one of the most light polluted parts of the country, have almost no southerly horizon below about 60deg, and glorious UK weather to boot. But while we havent yet got the target in hand, we keep going foward!

NBP, my cousin lives in Namibia. 10 hours a night of pitch darkness. Trouble is, its 50deg in the daytime!

My goals are to get out a bit more - try and cope without the GoTo occasionally and do a bit more observing than I have managed in the last 12 months (which is almost none thanks to clouds).

My other goal is to find some way of sneaking a Celestron CPC 1100 into the household finances and also about £1,000 of EPs :):)

Thats about as likely as me (or anyone else come to think of it) coming up with a grand unification theory.

Right now all of my tasks seem to loop round like a giant mobius strip.

Astro_baby, if you manage the grand unification do you think you could post it on the forum? then I feel the formula for a happy life would go down a treat for me if you could find it and post that.

Why unify everything I am sure they are all very happy on their own!

NC

This is my first year imaging, well actually astronomy also.

I would like to keep learning at the rate that I am already..

Big thanks to all of you who have helped me... :)

Guy...

I was thinking about this earlier, whilst looking at the sky...

Imaging

1) M31

2) M33

3) M42/M43 (again but guided this time)

4) Might try the horsehead with my unmodded camera and see what I can get with guiding

5) M45 with loads of neb showing.

I'd like a POW and a S@N Piccy of the month (ideally when they are giving away a DMK :)).

I'm looking forward to enjoying, once more, the marvels of the solar system and beyond.

To then progress, equipment and experiance wise. To see the stars of the southern hemisphere, see the total eclipse in N. Australia.

Build my own little observatory, and see as many of the wonders of the universe as it is possible to see.

Archived