NGC6960 - 23rd June 09

daz

Camera: SXVH9

Scope: WO 66

Guide: ED80 + SXV Guidehead

Subs: 24 x 300s

Filters: Baader Ha 7nm

Mount: EQ6

Processing: Aligned and combined in MaximDL, Noise Ninja, Noels Actions for contrast boost, no darks or flats applied

Can't tell you how chuffed I am to get this! Lost 1 frame from the whole set which is pretty amazing!! Will take some darks and flats and reprocess later, but needed my bed at 3am!!!

The larger version is in my album - hope you enjoy!

:)

post-12674-133877380703_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet you're chuffed. Obsy only just operational, and pulling stuff like this out. With a 2.5" scope too:D.

It's a wispy wonder this remnant, and looks fine in mono.

I bet you got to bed fairly quickly as well. Switch off, shut roof, bye bye's.:)

Ron.:headbang:

@Themos - yes, I noticed those when I posted the larger version to my album. The processing was a quick effort, but I just couldn't resist!! Flats and darks tonight and possibly a colour or two....

@Ron, yep, couple of hours kip while it collected photons and then out to shut down. Back in bed 5 minutes later :):headbang::)

Don't use DSS Themos, but I know Maxim has routines or options in the stacking set up.

Thanks Mike :)

Looks like colour grabbing will be out tonight, but darks/bias and flats should be do-able ....

OK, so got the calibration frames, and here is the result.

I have quickly learned that I need to document the processing steps, cos I can't remember (exactly) what I did before!!

Larger version in the album

post-12674-133877381083_thumb.jpg

Hi Daz

That is really nice, this is one of my targets for later in the summer when it finall emerges over the top of my house, I would recommend that you try 600sec subs for the narrowband as even with the fast f/r of the WO 66 you will benefit from the extra exposure time, it is a nice smooth image though with plenty of detail, also if you get the chance add some OIII as it will really pay dividends

Best wishes

Gordon

Archived