Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora to night

Looks like there’s going to be a very strong showing tonight, according to predictions will be able to see from anywhere in the UK, keep your fingers crossed 

• Like 3

Can’t see anything visually, but my phone is picking up a lot of pink and hints of green, presume that is it????

IMG_8487.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

IMG_8495.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

IMG_8498.jpeg

IMG_8493.jpeg

• Like 3

Stunning display here in North Somerset. I've never seen anything like it !

Pinks, greens, blues and violet hues. Immense waves of colour extending towards the zenith. Constantly changing. Sometimes vague, sometimes very distinct. Just saw a meteor flash through the colours above Deneb.

The media is going to be full of this tomorrow morning 😁

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Here are a few I just took from central Kent.  The middle one was almost looking at zenith.

All taken on iPhone.  3 second exposure.  No editing or filters.

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7783.jpeg

Edited by TheycallmeRiver
  • Like 5

Just now, Davesellars said:

Wow.  Quite something - Was viewing this from 11:30 till 12 in Derbyshire - incredible colours!

Yep WOW - the universe certainly put on a display for us tonight.  It was extending from South rotating 360 degrees through the cardinal points  - seemed to be centred with the rays appearing to radiate from the zenith. Easily visible naked eye and colours really  vivid, best I've seen. What a treat. 

Jim 

IMG_8109.jpeg

IMG_8119.jpeg

• Like 13

Wonderful display in Co. Clare Ireland this evening, lost for words tbh just incredible, taken from my iphone

image.jpeg

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

I was doing polar alignment and preparing for another session of the Lion Nebula. I was disgusted when I saw clouds. No, again? But the clouds were strange. Reddish? Pinkish? 🤔 Then I realised that it must be the announced geomagnetic storm. I never saw the aurora, so the first time is the one which I should remember all life. :D 

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 4

I had a look at this with one of my boys and we got a few pictures. He went on his phone to share some photos and discovered the internet is already awash with people photographing this with their phones and sharing with each other on mainstream social media.

20240510_235924.thumb.jpg.75e3f4b0b04aa4ccaf7b0a1d18cc484b.jpg20240510_234352.thumb.jpg.c1e6c1f1bc5e91e308b1105037cf1a24.jpg

• Like 4

There were 2 strong bursts of aurora. 11-11:30 then 11:40-00:00 roughly. When the  first birst was dying down, things turned blue in the camera. Green was gone and a there was a little pink. I noticed that it actually appeared clearer to the naked-eye than through the camera. Did anyone else notice tat?

Funny that this was across the whole of the UK and beyond. Guess what movie I was watching as it was happening - Invasion -. Will we all wake up tomorrow alien drones 😖

Posted (edited)

With my mobile phone braced against the roof of my car. 16s ISO3200

Saxilby UK

Amazing night!

Great images all. 

Adam 

Aurora 1 processed.jpg

Aurora 2 processed.jpg

Aurora 3 processed.jpg

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 9