NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring? V2

Grant

1 minute ago, Littleguy80 said:

Must be a day for tripods. Berlebach Uni-18 for the 4” Tak. Based on a quick test it’s way more stable than the carbon fibre tripod I have been using. I have to put it away now until Santa can deliver it a second time 🎅🏼 IMG_3282.thumb.jpeg.45b0a7fe11391fe0bfbd8865378a70eb.jpeg

Great set up, Neil! Love my Berlebach, perfect on the freezing cold nights too. Only what, 70 days until Christmas too!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Feel free to start a thread documenting your EAA journey. 🙂 Interested to see how you get on. 

I will do just that as soon as my other bits arrives this week. Oh and a clear night! Thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cjg said:

Great set up, Neil! Love my Berlebach, perfect on the freezing cold nights too. Only what, 70 days until Christmas too!

Thanks Chris. Hadn’t thought about the wood being good for the cold too. Yep, the kids and I are excited for it now 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A quick release clamp and finder shoe for my new mount connector plus a special cable from pierro astro for directly connecting an atlas eqg mount with a pc, removing the mount's  handheld controller ....

20231026_143717.jpg

• Like 7

Ordered a cheap Mak > SCT adaptor from a business on ebay which was supposed to arrive aeons ago but never did, so the seller gave me a refund. Adaptor has now turned up! It's actually decent quality too which is good; since it was pretty cheap it was always a bit of a gamble as I've heard quite a lot of reports of the internal threads not fitting the Mak threading correctly. 

20231027_143846.thumb.jpg.3ee778c8bf0aa490986b20ba9be49c0e.jpg

• Like 3

The first issue of my astronomy now subscription came with a coupon code for £5 off this special on Saturn making it only £7 delivered, so I couldn't resist. Only had a quick flick through so far but looks great! 

20231030_123238.thumb.jpg.a25a09d65c16ffc8822d97b2e038a871.jpg

• Like 7

On 27/10/2023 at 15:16, badhex said:

Ordered a cheap Mak > SCT adaptor from a business on ebay which was supposed to arrive aeons ago but never did, so the seller gave me a refund. Adaptor has now turned up! It's actually decent quality too which is good; since it was pretty cheap it was always a bit of a gamble as I've heard quite a lot of reports of the internal threads not fitting the Mak threading correctly. 

20231027_143846.thumb.jpg.3ee778c8bf0aa490986b20ba9be49c0e.jpg

I bought one of those from eBay when I owned a 127 but found that the threads were wrong on the telescope side. I ended up buying one from FLO. I still have it. Why I know not 🙄. I hope you have better luck than me.

8F534E21-1605-4974-BEAC-9F1CB30B43E2.thumb.jpeg.c4d17b1ba2658e2d3e94c2a20c026bd7.jpeg

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlet said:

After a very extended multi-leg boomerang journey through most of the British Isles, this finally arrived courtesy of @Stu (and NOT courtesy of An Post 🤬)

Magnus

IMG_2884.jpeg

Thank goodness for that Magnus! Finally..... 

Just have to wait for Storm Ciaran to clear off now and hope for some sun!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thank goodness for that Magnus! Finally..... 

Just have to wait for Storm Ciaran to clear off now and hope for some sun!

Actually today is just such a day! Amazing views, far better than with solar film. Sun getting a bit low now but this is a whole new dimension.

IMG_2897.thumb.jpeg.86834d87396cbf959344811caa35d9ce.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bosun21 said:

I bought one of those from eBay when I owned a 127 but found that the threads were wrong on the telescope side. I ended up buying one from FLO. I still have it. Why I know not 🙄. I hope you have better luck than me.

8F534E21-1605-4974-BEAC-9F1CB30B43E2.thumb.jpeg.c4d17b1ba2658e2d3e94c2a20c026bd7.jpeg

To be honest, I would much rather buy from and support a real astro supplier like FLO, and have a guaranteed high quality product and the high quality service that goes with it! That said, I'm pretty skint at the moment so I'm making do with cheaper bits and bobs for now until I'm flush again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Actually today is just such a day! Amazing views, far better than with solar film. Sun getting a bit low now but this is a whole new dimension.

IMG_2897.thumb.jpeg.86834d87396cbf959344811caa35d9ce.jpeg

Magnus I can't be the only one who looks at your outrageously good horizons and becomes instantly and insanely jealous each and every time 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, badhex said:

To be honest, I would much rather buy from and support a real astro supplier like FLO, and have a guaranteed high quality product and the high quality service that goes with it! That said, I'm pretty skint at the moment so I'm making do with cheaper bits and bobs for now until I'm flush again. 

I know the feeling very well as this hobby gets expensive fast. Have you tried it yet to see if it screws on to your 127?. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does 🤞.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I know the feeling very well as this hobby gets expensive fast. Have you tried it yet to see if it screws on to your 127?. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does 🤞.

Cheers, yes, thankfully it works! It's actually a surprisingly nice adaptor, complete with lens spanner holes. Ironically, perhaps, it's not the only adaptor I now need. I'm actually changing the visual back on my Skymax 102 since the stock one is a bit rubbish. I have a two part SCT > T2 adaptor already which came as part of a Bresser T2 extension set, however it turns out that it has some lateral wiggle prior to clamping it down, meaning that can easily end up uncentred. @globular has the same adaptor, and they measured it at 0.5mm off. Not a lot, but still not ideal. The upshot is that I have now made another cheapo ebay adaptor purchase of an SCT > T2 adaptor - so you can keep your fingers crossed until that one arrives 😂

Edited by badhex
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, badhex said:

Magnus I can't be the only one who looks at your outrageously good horizons and becomes instantly and insanely jealous each and every time 😂

Horizon Envy is perhaps worse even than Aperture Fever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, badhex said:

I was thinking the same thing, way better than all the trees and houses that surround me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1