NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Got to share : BBC at home...

FrenchyArnaud

I sometimes let the One Show run on after watching local news so it was good to catch this almost by accident. Well done, @FrenchyArnaud.  Great publicity for the hobby.  And now we have a TV star in our midst! :) 

How did the BBC know to contact you to make this little film for the One Show? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

How did the BBC know to contact you to make this little film for the One Show? 

I shared a cheeky meme on a facebook group comparing my 130pds to hubble. (a very sound, credible and totally justified comparison) 

That attracted a local journalist, then other journalists, then someone from the bbc saw the newspapers and messaged again on FB... 

IMG-20230310-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20230310-WA0004.jpg

received_1166467154071066.jpeg

Edited by FrenchyArnaud
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, FrenchyArnaud said:

I don't know... I am famous now....  Maybe I should protect my brand 🤭🤭🤭

Yes definitely, that was brilliant I really enjoyed that , well done. Make sure you get a recording of that for posterity :) 

Jim 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, saac said:

Yes definitely, that was brilliant I really enjoyed that , well done. Make sure you get a recording of that for posterity :) 

Jim 

Thanks. I was given the track a few weeks ago and of course I recorded the tv 🙂

Well, that was my 5mins of fame and it's now gone 🤭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

I really liked the link to the past and the surprise at the end.

Typical of the GF. Vic is as brilliant with gifts as I am inept 🤣 Got me to pilot a WWII warbirds, took me to the World Final of snooker, brought me original copies of Jules Verne (I am french and a vintage scifi enthusiast) , offered me a deluxe full scale print of  DaVinci Leicester Codex (he is one of my heroes) etc - she always knows exactly what to do. And she pulls up with my antics and lets me invade the flat with my electronics, bits of telescopes, camera stuff etc. She's brilliant.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomato said:

Just finished airing, great uplifting story but I hope the BBC didn’t make you take your scope apart just for the feature.

No, the electronic bits you saw on the desk are actually the prototype for the next instalment (I am building a much heavier mount based on OnStep).