NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Worcestershire Observatory

michaelmorris

• 4 months later...

Back wall now covered with metal cladding with vapour barrier underneath.  This is now fixed in place and covered with tarpaulin.  There will be a translucent polycarbonate window between the top of this wall and the underside of the run-off rail.  This will bring sunlight into the observatory if working in there during the day.  There will be a blackout board across this when observing. 

The left hand wall will be similarly clad in metal as it won't be visible.  The exception will be a small flap down panel at the top, which will be clap of Larch shadow board as it will be visible.  The other two walls will be visible and will be clad in Larch shadow board.  

IMG-20240310-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240310-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20240310-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

... really like the mirrored door effect on the fence, nice visual trick to extend the garden.

It helps when your partner is an (excellent) Architect 😁

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying watching how things progress Michael. It's now getting exciting, and I can't wait to see he finished result and choice of decor. It's like an astro version of Grand Design's!  :happy1:

Looking good, major milestone coming up when you put the roof on. I'm sure you have already thought about it but it may be worthwhile putting a gentle incline on the roof rails to stop any rain water tracking inside. I forgot to do on mine and had to retro fit :) 

Jim 

Super progress Michael, looks really tidy too, love the cladding used.
Probably the smartest observatory in Worcestershire or wider area (no insult intended to others)
I look forward to seeing the Final Roof as the design you showed intrigues me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr H in Yorkshire said:

Why only a temporary roof cover, Correx is such a versatile and useful material?

Versatile, not very attractive and works like a greenhouse!  Final roof design still not finalised (it's a long story). 😟  Final design will be a shallow barrel vaulted roof.

• Like 1