SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Practical Astronomy Show. Kettering. March 11th 2023

45 minutes ago, paulastro said:

I'll be there with mikeDnight, I'll be the handsome chap stood next to him.  If that's not enough to tell us apart, I'll be wearing a name badge 😊.

You'd better believe it!  And just in case you want to say hello, here's who to look out for. As Paul said, he's "the handsome one".

download.jpeg.a9dd426cf44a35283de2fe549cfc282e.jpeg

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Carbon Brush said:

Stamford to Kettering.
Local for you but a bit too far to walk if you buy anything big, or are wandering around the stands all day🤣

Pretty close - definitely too close to miss out. Last years PAS triggered a precipitously expensive return to the hobby "full blast" - i'm hoping this years PAS will be a little bit more moderate 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, josefk said:

Pretty close - definitely too close to miss out. Last years PAS triggered a precipitously expensive return to the hobby "full blast" - i'm hoping this years PAS will be a little bit more moderate 🙂

If it makes you feel any better, you would only have spent it on something else of much less importance, such as fuel bills or council tax. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

You'd better believe it!  And just in case you want to say hello, here's who to look out for. As Paul said, he's "the handsome one".

download.jpeg.a9dd426cf44a35283de2fe549cfc282e.jpeg

Crikey, the likeness is incredible !...:grin:

I'll be there .

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mrs. H and I are planning to go for an astro day out in Kettering. That poor woman has suffered my hobbies without complaint for over fifty years. She is quite literally a saint.

George currently in bed in Lowestoft as there is horizon to horizon cloud outside.

On 12/02/2023 at 23:10, F15Rules said:

You too, Paul👍.

I believe Mr Hezzlewood is doing a talk on Planetary Sketching??🤭😂😂.

Joking apart, it will be great to see you again and to meet Mike😉

Dave

The last talk I gave to a astronomical society, which they'ed booked well in advance, was on the subject of visual astronomy past and present. At the end, the secretary apologised as the societies only visual observer hadn't bothered to turn up.  As the saying goes 'Never say Never',  well I'm saying it - "Never again"!  

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Well Mike, I know of at least 6 of us who will be at PAS, and we'd all happily sit and listen to you for an hour if you're supplying the coffee??!!😁😁

Dave

That is only true if you think a sub - four inch Takahashi is the best telescope for everything and you're certainly not an imager!  😁

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, paulastro said:

That is only true if you think a sub - four inch Takahashi is the best telescope for everything and you're certainly not an imager!  😁

Well I'm certainly not an imager!! And I would tend to agree a 4" Tak is hard to beat.. if I didn't have a 5"..😉😋😂

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 3