Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good evening

Moonlit Knight

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

A warm welcome @Moonlit Knight. I’m sure you will find lots of good information and many friendly members here. There are also, as you see, many fellow worshippers of 4” refractors including myself. Last count was three of the little beggars 🤣

...or big beggars when they're f13 like mine.

Edited by chiltonstar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

A warm welcome @Moonlit Knight. I’m sure you will find lots of good information and many friendly members here. There are also, as you see, many fellow worshippers of 4” refractors including myself. Last count was three of the little beggars 🤣

And what exactly do they beg you for? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Long standing astro buff with an irrational attraction to 4 inch refractors dipping a nervously a toe into the world of internet forums. 

Hello chaps…

Hello, you will feel at home in here! They are a decent bunch.

• Like 1

Welcome to you and your scope. I like your avatar, a Genesis album cover if I am not mistaken - if you want the perfect combination of astronomy and prog rock in a 4”telescope, you need to get a Televue Genesis! 😆😆

• Like 2

Welcome, love that album in your profile pic. Remember seeing them at Southampton Gaumont when this album was released , great show. I first saw them supporting Lindisfarne , who in turn were supporting Van Der Graaf Generator, way back at Birmingham Town Hall 🙂

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kluson said:

Welcome, love that album in your profile pic. Remember seeing them at Southampton Gaumont when this album was released , great show. I first saw them supporting Lindisfarne , who in turn were supporting Van Der Graaf Generator, way back at Birmingham Town Hall 🙂

Very cool. I have met them all several times over the years, mostly 70s and 80s. Lovely people. 

• Like 2

Lovely people indeed although I was not a great fan of Phil Collins as a man. Tremendous drummer. I worked in the Music business and used to come across these guys regularly. Some pals of mine were recording recently at PG’s place 😀😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kluson said:

Lovely people indeed although I was not a great fan of Phil Collins as a man. Tremendous drummer. I worked in the Music business and used to come across these guys regularly. Some pals of mine were recording recently at PG’s place 😀😀

Phil Collins bought me my first pint of beer 🍺 on the 3rd May 1980 after a gig in Liverpool at the Empire. PG used to live in Box outside of Bath, but that was mid 80s I think 

• Like 1