Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A quick hello from the South West UK.

jadeneptune

Just wanted to say a brief hello!

After many years of watching my husband fill up our sheds and garage with telescopes, tripods, various wooden structures and spending weekends on astronomy projects that never seem to be finished I finally thought I'd see what it was all about. I thought one was supposed to spend more time outside looking at the heavens through the telescopes  so I have claimed one or two telescopes for myself to do just that ;)

Jacqui

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, jadeneptune said:

Just wanted to say a brief hello!

After many years of watching my husband fill up our sheds and garage with telescopes, tripods, various wooden structures and spending weekends on astronomy projects that never seem to be finished I finally thought I'd see what it was all about. I thought one was supposed to spend more time outside looking at the heavens through the telescopes  so I have claimed one or two telescopes for myself to do just that ;)

Jacqui

Welcome jadeneptune! You will find many many kind and helpful people on here. I am a relative newbie myself, having only been gazing up at the heavens for roughly 3 years. Have you managed to see anything you like yet ? Wes, Liverpool. ( amateur Astronomer and Astrophotographer )

19 minutes ago, jadeneptune said:

Thanks all! 

I've 'claimed' two telescopes setup on a mount that can just be pushed around easy. One a widefield 4" skywatcher refractor and 5" maksutov on a skytee mount I am told. (They're the ones he lets children use!)

Welcome Jacqui. I’m just down the road in Crewkerne. Sounds like you have a couple of nice scopes to play with 👍

• 2 weeks later...