Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi,i better come and say hello

Harley and suzuki

Welcome aboard SGL Lyndon. Good to have you with us.

It's never too late to take an interest in what's up there. The moon never disappoints and there's so much more up there - clusters, galaxies, globulars, double stars, variable stars... oh, and planets too.

Enjoy the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Lurking is welcome but it's more fun when you get involved.

Cheers, Mark

(Suzuki & Kawasaki).

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 14:23, Harley and suzuki said:

Hi, I have been lurking on here for a few weeks now doing lots of reading ... I've since bought a ST80 and I'm getting some great views with that but I'm really enjoying going out with the binos and ...

Lyndon.

Well, you are never too old and in fact, as hobbies go, it is usually older people who have the resources and the time. It was very good of you to read and lurk before deciding to join. That usually makes for a better bond than being surprised.  

Tell us about the Short Tube refractor: make, etc., what eyepieces it came with, etc. What you have seen so far... If you don't mind my curiosity.  

We're all beginners here at some level. I had to google "ST80" and I've been doing this about five or six years. So, you will not be surprised to learn that I always take my binoculars out with me, just to lay back in the lawn chair and look. The famous American baseball catcher, Yogi Berra, of the New York Yankees, was known for unintentional witticisms, among them: "You can observe a lot just by watching." 

(And nothing personal, but I worked for Kawasaki and Honda. You will find that it is the same with telescopes: makes, models, brands, pros and cons.)

Best Regards,

Mike M.

Edited by mikemarotta
addendum
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...