NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The reason I'm spending so much time on SGL

Astro Noodles

7 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Out here set up with fingers crossed 

The sky will clear the sky will clear lol there is two hopes and Bob is already dead 

20210512_194902.jpg

1620847141046692681752.jpg

I admire your optimism.

I might start using Clear Outside as a tool to indicate what I should drink. Every time I look at it - Red= a glass of red wine, Amber = a glass of beer and green = a cup of tea.

What do you think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Well one of 2 things will happen your get drunk or start to hate tea lol

Just going to make another cuppa and sit here and listen to the bird songs lovely and relaxing 

I quite like red.

1 hour ago, Zermelo said:

Just had hail and lightning here, following on from rain of biblical proportions.

Someone must just have bought some serious kit.

Doubt it was my most recent delivery - not yet opened.

55 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Hail and rain earlier today but now has turned into a nice sunny evening with clear skies. A bit of lunar observing perhaps this eve .

Been clear during the past three days, then cloud starts coming over about 20:00 hrs

Generally I find Clear Outside is reliable but sometimes it pays to look at a radar app too. We've had nothing but showers but clear spells in-between for a couple of weeks. On Sunday evening,  Clear Outside gave me a red (as per usual this last while) but I looked at a radar app and I could see no clouds coming for a couple of hours. I set up and enjoyed observing Mercury and the Moon.