NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi all

mikeglr

hi all i'm mike i'm fairly new to astronomy about ten years ago i brought a rubbish tasco from a second hand shop although i enjoyed some decent veiw's of jupiter and saturn i soon got frustrated trying to keep objects in the eyepiece and eventually threw it away . my passion for stargazing never left me so last year i brought a 150 sky watcher on eg3 mount and a set of plossl eyepieces and have enjoyed some wonderful views of galaxy's and clusters . i've also brought a cannon 1000d and going to try my hand at some photo's [which i'm discovering take's alot of practice} could anyone help as i'm confused about which software to buy for image stacking and so on, i keep reading about photoshop but don't want to buy the full version if element's has got what i need considering the huge price differance

Hi Mike, and welcome to SGL.

The later versions of Photoshop Elements have just got better and better, and all though they don't offer the comprehensiveness of Photoshop, you will still able to do a lot with them.

Helen, uses Photoshop Elements, and I'm sure she will be along later, to tell you how she finds it.

Dave

Archived