Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Congratulations! You have won our star prize!

Moonshed

You can choose one of the following options:

1) The holiday of a lifetime to anywhere in the world, or multiple locations, for up to 2months, for you plus a max of 6 other people, all expenses paid plus spending money. Your job will be secured.

or

2) Any astronomical equipment you desire up to a maximum spend of £250,000

(Your partner will not be informed that you had a choice.)

What would you choose?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Moonshed said:

You can choose one of the following options:

1) The holiday of a lifetime to anywhere in the world, or multiple locations, for up to 2months, for you plus a max of 6 other people, all expenses paid plus spending money. Your job will be secured.

or

2) Any astronomical equipment you desire up to a maximum spend of £250,000

(Your partner will not be informed that you had a choice.)

What would you choose?

OK, three questions :

1) Do I need to send any money and/or my passport to a Nigerian prince to "authenticate" the prize ?

2) If I forget the 6 other people can I have 12months away please ?

3) What about 6 months away and half the astro kit , £125 thou would be plenty, after all I'm a visual only sort of observer ...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tiny Clanger said:

OK, three questions :

1) Do I need to send any money and/or my passport to a Nigerian prince to "authenticate" the prize ?

2) If I forget the 6 other people can I have 12months away please ?

3) What about 6 months away and half the astro kit , £125 thou would be plenty, after all I'm a visual only sort of observer ...

1) No 😄

2) If you wish and you have not a friend in the world. 😭

3) That’s pushing it! I may need to rethink 1) above. 😂

• Haha 1

In reality I’d go with the answer above as £250K is a lot of money. But assuming the £250K cannot be ‘re-purposed’, I’d probably go with option 1 and choose a two month holiday at a dedicated dark sky destination such as in the Namibian desert - ie: use the money to buy some dark skies, ideally Southern Hemisphere. There might be a better location that the family could also enjoy - I’m open to suggestions (sorry for a moment I forgot this was a fantasy 😉). 

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 1

Second option please, ill get a whole load of gear, sell off most for cash then vacation where i want, a win win in my eyes.

Who needs 250 thousand pounds of scope? i could barely manage mine and it weights 65...🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Sunshine
  • Haha 1

Easy for me, option 2! I would also pick 2 for 25k. That would get me to my ideal visual lineup. Relatively light 12 or 14 inch dob, new solar h-alpha scope or high quality filter, Skywatcher ED150, and maybe a few Tele Vue Delites for my grab and go scope.

But I suppose this year should teach me to appreciate what I have more, and my setup works pretty great for my needs already.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1