NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Telescopes - In Stock!

FLO

During the pandemic demand for astronomy telescopes is very high so several models are unavailable with long lead times. 

To help, we have made a new category that lists only telescopes in stock and ready to ship. 

Astronomy Telescopes - In Stock

The list changes frequently so when ordering, please check the availability indicator shows a green lorry and the quantity available. 

HTH 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Second Time Around said:

Thanks. 🤗  I wonder how long the excellent 6 inch Bresser Messier Dobs will last!

Not long I suspect, if they're anything like my recently purchased Bresser 10", then anyone getting one (particularly for Christmas) will be extremely happy 👍

4 hours ago, tomato said:

Crikey, when I see how many scopes FLO offer, this list really tells you about the impact of the pandemic. 

I thought that when I saw the webpage that FLO have put together :undecided:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi FLO,

Out of interest have any of the manufacturers said when they expect the situation to normalise? I know everythings messed up with both manufacturing and shipping at the moment but I was just interested if anybody had given any expected dates for normality? Also, I'm not expecting you to predict the future or necessarily be able to answer this concretely, "no" and "I have no idea" are both perfectly acceptable responses! 🤣

Had my eye on either a Bresser 8" or a SW 200 for a month or so now, can't wait to get one!

Matt

3 hours ago, MattG said:

Out of interest have any of the manufacturers said when they expect the situation to normalise?

Good question. Nobody really knows but at FLO we are predicting demand will settle in 6-12x months when the majority of people are vaccinated. 

Manufacturers know this huge increase in demand is temporary so are unwilling to invest in new factories. They will continue doing their best with existing manufacturing facilities so whilst stock continues to arrive at our warehouse it will not be enough to fulfil this unusually high demand. The current situation (long customer backorder lists and shipments selling out before they dock) will likely continue at least into Summer. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 2

Oh wow the situation is actually worse than I thought, I was going to wait to put in an order until it there was at least a vague delivery date but maybe I'll just have to order now if the queue is going to keep growing! 🤔

• 10 months later...

During these extraordinary times our Telescopes in Stock category provides a useful guide to what is physically in stock at our warehouse. It was however difficult for us to keep it up-to-date because it required someone manually check then add/remove items.

Grant has today built an addition to our inventory system that automates this process so it now updates - automatically - multiple times every day 🙂 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FLO said:

During these extraordinary times our Telescopes in Stock category provides a useful guide to what is physically in stock at our warehouse. It was however difficult for us to keep up-to-date because it required someone manually check then add/remove items.

Grant has today built an addition to our inventory system that automates this process so it now updates - automatically - multiple times every day 🙂 

I'd like to suggest that Grant use this approach as a template for eyepieces. It would certainly reduce the number of mouse clicks required to check each option!

Adrian

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FLO said:

Would you be kind enough to ask Grant on my behalf could he also generate a 100% discount token linked to my FLO credentials. That would help me greatly. Thanks Grant in advance.

Edited by Skyline
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, FLO said:

Being in a similar position at our place I can fully appreciate what a brilliant thing this is to be able to achieve with an existing system. A big pat on the back for Grant :D 

6 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Got excited there for my Esprit order when I seen the title 😥

If you are who I think you are, I see when you placed your order our website estimated dispatch mid-late December.

I will check progress early December then update you 🙂 

Steve