Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Deep South US

stringB

I'm new to astronomy and I'm interested in spending money... uh... no... I'm interested in both astrophotography and visual astronomy. I look forward to learning from those more experienced which would be almost everyone.

Edited by stringB
  • Like 1

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Lounge. I suggest you purchase to the book "Making every photon count" before parting with your hard earned cash. The book gives a wonderful insight into astrophotography, the equipment used and the pitfalls you may encounter.

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Lounge. I suggest you purchase to the book "Making every photon count" before parting with your hard earned cash. The book gives a wonderful insight into astrophotography, the equipment used and the pitfalls you may encounter.

Steve

Thank you for a warm welcome guys and Thank you for the tip, Steve... I'll read "Making every photon count" . I'm afraid it may be a bit  too late, as I have already parted with a great deal of cash for  a portable astrophotography kit : Askar FRA400 72mm (F/3.9 w/Reducer), UniGuide 32mm, iOptron CEM25EC, ZWO/ASI Air Pro, 294MC, 120MM, EAF, Astro Tech 2" Dielectric Diagonal and Svbony starter eyepiece kit.

I have yet to see first light as I have had clouds every day since my build... as per the curse... I am on the hunt for a scope for visual now. I need to keep it as light and inexpensive as possible. My plan is to learn more about the sky by viewing as I learn how to do photos with the above kit along the way.

I would like to put my gear in my Signature like you have.... I'm sure it's simple to do in the profile edit but I could not find it.

How do I do that?

Steven

Edited by stringB

You may have trouble locating "Making every photon count" in the US.  I see Amazon has a used copy for $120.  You could cross import a new edition from FLO in the UK for much less than that.

In the US, The Deep-Sky Imaging Primer by Charles Bracken might be a good alternative as well.

On 30/09/2020 at 16:43, Louis D said:

You may have trouble locating "Making every photon count" in the US.  I see Amazon has a used copy for $120.  You could cross import a new edition from FLO in the UK for much less than that.

In the US, The Deep-Sky Imaging Primer by Charles Bracken might be a good alternative as well.

Thank you all for your genuine welcome. I can't wait to get to know everyone. Yeah I was put off when I saw it on Amazon.  I have purchased from FLO before and the shipping over the big pond was right on the spot. I have ordered the book from FLO and look forward to reading it. Great tips already! Oh ... I had first light last night just observing with the little Askar. 

Edited by stringB