Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What annoys you in Astro......

Alan White

Everytime there is something to see that you won't see in your lifetime again the weather is rubbish. 

Same as above one night go out hit everything go out another night your fighting with the mount get objects in FOV. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

People who say "that's my eyepiece collection completed now"...

Dave

I promised myself I would set this running and not comment, but oh heck, why not...

Dave that is not just annoying, but clearly delusional on the part of the person saying it 😂

• Haha 2

My Arthritic Knees.

They annoy me a lot now, especially when they behave on cloudy nights and when I don’t have time to observe, but the moment on the rare nights it’s clear and steady, oh boy do they decide to play me up! 

Edited by Alan White
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Telescope40 said:

Cloud.  July has been poor for sure for me. 2/3 nights of partial sessions.  Ho hum 

Every cloudy night i tell myself the cloudy ones make the clear nights even better.(I’m a bit schizophranic)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paul M said:

What annoys me?

Clouds. They know when it's New Moon, they know when you've just finished setting up and they know when there is a special comet somewhere out there :(

Yep, the clouds know your movements....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, markse68 said:

The weather forecast- particularly the met office one on my phone. Last night it predicted clouds, rain and  even had a thunderstorm warning! All night! At 11pm i looked out to perfectly clear skies- horizon to horizon. It was too late though to set out with scope so i missed a much needed session 😡 This happens regularly and often Clear Outside is no better- they often completely contradict each other! Where’s the best resource for live satellite views of the weather? I’ve downloaded an app but it’s a very tight view of UK- something wider would be useful to see the patterns

I use the app from here gives a good view of clouds via radar 

https://www.weatherandradar.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PaulM said:

I use the app from here gives a good view of clouds via radar 

https://www.weatherandradar.co.uk/

Thanks for all the other suggestions but this one from Paul looks just what i was after- can zoom out and pan to get a better look at what’s going on- brilliant! Thanks Paul :) Will be double checking on the met office from now on! (doesn’t look like they’re wrong for tonight though :( )

C413677F-DD76-457D-BCDC-18260351908B.png

• Like 3