NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

From Paris, with love

deufrai

Hi guys

Fred, here.

Late fourties frenchman with my eyes up in the sky since I was a boy.

The arrival of my son more that 10 years ago, with all his questions like 'Daddy, what is this big blue light up there ?' or 'Daddy, why this ? .... why that ?' made me go back seriously into books so I could answer all his questions.

As I'm a hobbyist photographer since ages, I started astrophoto 5 years ago with the simplest setup : my DSLR on a tripod. Boy did I learn a lot during that period ! I ended up buying a Star Adventurer to allow longer focal lengths and learned even more. Always thinking for a better future (gear-wise) I ended up sticking my good old DSLR on an EQ6-R. That will be good enough to host the optical instrument I'm still thinking about.

Besides all this, I'm a programmer and joined, a year ago, an Open Source software project aiming at providing a multi-platform live stacking solution. (More on this very shortly in the appropriate forum). We are almost ready with a quite good starting point, which is, I must admit it honestly, my main motivation for registering here and "advertising" it.

See you guys around & clear skies to all

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, rwilkey said:

Hi Fred, welcome from me too, what a lovely city you live in but I bet the light pollution is horrendous?  Clear skies!

Indeed

I mentioned Paris to make a nice post title. I actually live about 30km away. Which allows me to capture deep sky objects without too much trouble

1 minute ago, deufrai said:

I actually live about 30km away

That's great, you should have some great skies there.  The furthest out of Paris I have been is Neuilly (but still in the city) a long time ago!

11 minutes ago, rwilkey said:

That's great, you should have some great skies there.  The furthest out of Paris I have been is Neuilly (but still in the city) a long time ago!

So chic ! :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Salut Fred. I'm an Englishman-turned-Frenchman in the south east, where I came for good skies for astronomy. Welcome to SGL.

Cordialement,

Olly

Lucky you

Thanks for the welcome

• Like 1

On 06/05/2020 at 08:51, deufrai said:

Hi guys

Fred, here.

Late fourties frenchman with my eyes up in the sky since I was a boy.

The arrival of my son more that 10 years ago, with all his questions like 'Daddy, what is this big blue light up there ?' or 'Daddy, why this ? .... why that ?' made me go back seriously into books so I could answer all his questions.

As I'm a hobbyist photographer since ages, I started astrophoto 5 years ago with the simplest setup : my DSLR on a tripod. Boy did I learn a lot during that period ! I ended up buying a Star Adventurer to allow longer focal lengths and learned even more. Always thinking for a better future (gear-wise) I ended up sticking my good old DSLR on an EQ6-R. That will be good enough to host the optical instrument I'm still thinking about.

Besides all this, I'm a programmer and joined, a year ago, an Open Source software project aiming at providing a multi-platform live stacking solution. (More on this very shortly in the appropriate forum). We are almost ready with a quite good starting point, which is, I must admit it honestly, my main motivation for registering here and "advertising" it.

See you guys around & clear skies to all

Welcome :)

• Like 1