Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Takahashi TSA 120 arrived

50 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

You could look at this:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/776901-new-apm-6“-f6-sd-apo-design-need-your-all-input/

A New APM 6“ f/6 SD Apo

The f/6 speed should mean with your NV device very effective when used with hydrogen filters.

About 10 kg in weight, but given the price very attractive. 

Wow - I missed that it is a 6”!! That’s a definite ‘no’ from Mrs Highburymark.

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

Wow - I missed that it is a 6”!! That’s a definite ‘no’ from Mrs Highburymark.

Is 900 mm long, not much off your 4”. 😃 

however how well corrected the scope is another question, not sure if they will get close to 0.95 Strehl, for that fast a scope needs a triplet. 

36 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

Is 900 mm long, not much off your 4”. 😃 

however how well corrected the scope is another question, not sure if they will get close to 0.95 Strehl, for that fast a scope needs a triplet. 

Agree. It’s an interesting telescope but probably a better instrument for dsos than Moon or planets.

On 05/07/2021 at 19:56, JeremyS said:

Apologies for the delay @Highburymark. I forgot to weigh the TSA120 until this w/e and then found my scales were broken. New one arrived today.

The TSA with Tak clamp and Losmandy style dovetail and Tak 50 mm finer and Baader 2-inch diagonal together weigh 9.3 kg. Quite a bit more than the bare OTA.

Well, these discussions sometimes have unintended consequences. I should have a rather exciting package arriving next week from another SGL member Jeremy - which wouldn’t have happened without this thread. I owe you one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Well, these discussions sometimes have unintended consequences. I should have a rather exciting package arriving next week from another SGL member Jeremy - which wouldn’t have happened without this thread. I owe you one.

Aha. I wonder who that could be 🤣

Great news! Pics please when it arrives.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Actually not who you might think - don’t want to divert potential buyers from the classifieds. Another option arose!

Phew: just checked mine and it’s still there 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 09/07/2021 at 09:46, JeremyS said:

Aha. I wonder who that could be 🤣

Great news! Pics please when it arrives.

Here it is Jeremy!  It’s in beautiful condition. Waiting for some ‘More Blue’ rings from FLO (also seen on the Epsilon 130 in the attached pic). These will help keep weight down, but the OTA is lighter than I was expecting, so thanks for your help. Swapped Tak bits for T2 spacers and BBHS diagonal. Maybe some views of Jupiter and Saturn and solar white light this weekend - though conscious 120mm might be less forgiving with average seeing than the FC100 for solar. We shall see. 

72A651D9-DC45-43E0-893E-97F4D4E8946D.jpeg

139B1618-0D63-4D85-B658-A46CA21E0BE3.jpeg

Edited by Highburymark
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

Here it is Jeremy!  It’s in beautiful condition. Waiting for some ‘More Blue’ rings from FLO (also seen on the Epsilon 130 in the attached pic). These will help keep weight down, but the OTA is lighter than I was expecting, so thanks for your help. Swapped Tak bits for T2 spacers and BBHS diagonal. Maybe some views of Jupiter and Saturn and solar white light this weekend - though conscious 120mm might be less forgiving with average seeing than the FC100 for solar. We shall see. 

72A651D9-DC45-43E0-893E-97F4D4E8946D.jpeg

139B1618-0D63-4D85-B658-A46CA21E0BE3.jpeg

Looks super Mark. Looking forward to hearing how you get on 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Here it is Jeremy!  It’s in beautiful condition

4 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Looks super Mark. Looking forward to hearing how you get on

Whats going on?! :icon_bounce:

Theres been movement at Tak central, felt all the way here!:confused2::grin:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, jetstream said:

Whats going on?! :icon_bounce:

Theres been movement at Tak central, felt all the way here!:confused2::grin:

It was lightly ‘pre-owned’. Think there would have been a bit of a wait ordering new, though I hear they are making DZs again in Japan

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Highburymark said:

It was lightly ‘pre-owned’. Think there would have been a bit of a wait ordering new, though I hear they are making DZs again in Japan

Ok , you got it from Jeremy? thats the real puzzle...😀 He got rid of a Tak?:icon_scratch:

Very nice acquisition Mark!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jetstream said:

Ok , you got it from Jeremy? thats the real puzzle...😀 He got rid of a Tak?:icon_scratch:

Very nice acquisition Mark!

Thanks Gerry. Your glowing comments about your TSA helped push me over the edge. The first star test I did with the scope last night was superb.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Thanks Gerry. Your glowing comments about your TSA helped push me over the edge. The first star test I did with the scope last night was superb.

Congratulations on first light, Mark.

Those diffraction rings are lovely, aren’t they? 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Highburymark said:

These scopes offer such a clean, contrasted view it amazes me every time I use it. Dso too- put your TSA120 on the North American neb under dark skies and hold on!

Sure glad you found one Mark :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/07/2021 at 10:43, Highburymark said:

Congratulations on your purchase Mark they are truly a wonderful scope 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garryblueboy said:

Congratulations on your purchase Mark they are truly a wonderful scope 

Thanks Garry.

Might even get a bit of time under the stars later, though pretty humid so not ideal conditions.
Fitted some More Blue rings today and had chance to snap up a Feathertouch 3035 for the TSA. My one concern is the dovetail which feels a bit undersized - have a much beefier TS bar so might use that - probably sensible to prioritise safety over matching colour schemes with a scope like this…… 

89803EB0-65F4-4CCB-BF82-939EB50D18A6.jpeg

A855566D-BF2A-4CC2-8B7E-0562A5EABB5E.jpeg

• Like 7

Just now, Highburymark said:

Have never had a scope that required a Losmandy before. Might be the way to go…..

I swapped to a Losmandy size bar too, Mark.

I don’t think it’s strictly necessary, but I feel it can handle it better.

Those more blue rings look smart 👍🏻

• Like 2