Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Takahashi TSA 120 arrived

Thanks to our friends at @FLO, I can now introduce you to Tessa, the Takahashi TSA 120. She was delivered this afternoon and weighed in at 5.7 kg. She's 28-inches tall.

Her Tak tube ring and 7 x 50 finder will arrive another time, so she's kitted out with temporary tube rings and a Tak 7 x 50 finder from another scope.

IMG_0210.jpg.ae11924eeb00d91698d04664b4cb784f.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg.cc8c4bfe4bded3c0b7c5222d9843f397.jpg

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 3

Thats a lovely looking scope. I can only dream :)

Will the T2 diagonal go all the way into the focuser tube? i had to add a spacer on a different scope using clicklocks on diagonal and focuser tube as they touched.

17 minutes ago, omo said:

Will the T2 diagonal go all the way into the focuser tube? i had to add a spacer on a different scope using clicklocks on diagonal and focuser tube as they touched.

I wondered about that. I've only tried to focus on a not too distant tree and a 1.25 inch eyepiece reaches focus in this configuration.

IMG_0211.jpg.1a6762bdcd8ba8e37fd51e8577317ff5.jpg

But I'll need to check with a star.

40 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Well, lifetime refractor anyway 🙂

How Many times have you used that one Jeremy?  And does she fall for it every time??

I think its wearing thin with my wife, but I might give it one more go in the future. 😁

She's certainly a beautiful scope, but you do know that green finder bracket will drive you bonkers on the blue focuser!

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

How Many times have you used that one Jeremy?  And does she fall for it every time??

I think its wearing thin with my wife, but I might give it one more go in the future. 😁

She's certainly a beautiful scope, but you do know that green finder bracket will drive you bonkers on the blue focuser!

Wearing thin here too, Mike 😞

Don't worry about the finder bracket colour. The green one I'm using at present is from one of my other Taks (green vintage). I have a baby blue one on order.

I suppose it should really be pink since she's called Tessa. But that would be gender stereotyping, so I'll steer clear.

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 1

• JeremyS changed the title to Takahashi TSA 120 arrived
3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Oh yummy! Wasn’t expecting a 120!! You are going to have fun with that 👍👍

I hope so, Stu. All I need is some clear sky!

One of the reasons for getting it now is to observe Mars this year.

• Like 3

Just now, mikeDnight said:

Not sure what its like in Cheshire just down the road, but its as cloudy as cloudy gets here in Lanc's. And we know who's to blame for that, dont we! 😠

It's as cloudy as a cloudy thing here now, Mike.

Sorry 😞

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1