Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Messier 78 - LRGB

Mr_42tr0nomy

Greetings!

I Finished a new project recently

Messier 78 - A nebula I thoroughly enjoyed finishing. As in never processing again. I love the Nebula itself as it is an extremely fascinating object, but because my RGB data was so bad due to bad flats and darks, it made this image really hard to process...I pushed through though.

This nebula is a beautiful reflection nebula amidst the vast hydrogen clouds of Orion. I gathered 16hrs of Lum data and 2hrs each of RGB. If I grabbed more RGB data I could really stretch the colors a tad more but overall, I’m relative happy with this one.

Equipment
10” F/3.9
Asi1600mm gain: 0 offset: 10
Cem60
Astrodon LRGB - 600s subs

Clear Skies!

messier 78 quattro final lhargb.jpg

• Like 30

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Quite astounding!  Your dedication to each and every picture you produce pays off.  This is a stunner.  I've never really been that drawn to M78, but this is whole you take on it for me.

Thank you very much! The kind words are much appreciated! I love messier 78, it has always been one of my favorite reflection nebulae but man it was hard to process!