NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky at Night Sun 12th

DaveS

A beginners' special with Pete joining a group of novice stargazers and Chris looking at the moon through a pair of bins.

Following there's a repeat of an Horizon. How to See a Black Hole

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yep, someone might have been listening at the BBC!

Back to basics is always good... maybe they’ll do some more detailed equipment episodes? That’ll be good for beginners and intermediates alike.

• Like 1

Just watched on iPlayer to catch the start, plus I get a cleaner picture and can route the sound through my big floor-standing speakers, gives me a chance to hear what they're saying.

1 minute ago, Gina said:

Yes, noticed that.  Already on the right channel watching a nature programme.

Me too, not sure about the production, seems to be influenced by someone from medja studies 😁

Dave

• Haha 1

Just got a cuppa - that's better...  Only watching this programme because I don't feel up to doing anything else!  Seen it all before...

Edited by Gina

I wasn't that impressed as a beginner's guide, to be honest.  Some of the earlier ones with Sir Patrick Moore, when it was a 20 minute programme - were far better.

Well, it wasn't aimed at us.  It did give me some ideas for my talk on astrophotography (or "Pretty Pictures of the Night Sky") though.

Edited by Gina

44 minutes ago, Gina said:

I have my TV sound output connected to one of the aux inputs on my HiFi amplifier which feeds my big floor-standing speakers.

Although it has a HD display my rubbish 24" telly doesn't have a HD tuner, so if I want to see the full resolution I have to pick up on iPlayer.