Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up " Sky at Night " Sunday

Timebandit

I will also be watching at 10:00 tonight, followed by The Horizon Mission to Mars for half an hour. Then at 11:30, Revolutions: Telescopes for an Hour. I think I will stay awake for the duration, although I will be in bed with ear buds so as not to disturb Mrs Barkis.😁

• Like 1

I'm sure most of us are looking forward to the launch of the Webb telescope.

Such a technical challenge this instrument, and it must rank very high in the hunt for the birth of the Universe

Let's hope that event isn't even further back in time than was calculated. In any event, there will be revelations to savour for sure.   

However, God speed the JWT.

Ron.

• Like 2

yes Horizon is much better than sky at night since we lost sir patrick. Why does the BBC have to have 2 presenters finishing each others sentences one is fine , but typical BBC overspend "why have one when you can have 2 at twice the price"--question what film is that a quote from?

Roger

• Like 1

6 hours ago, apophisOAS said:

yes Horizon is much better than sky at night since we lost sir patrick. Why does the BBC have to have 2 presenters finishing each others sentences one is fine , but typical BBC overspend "why have one when you can have 2 at twice the price"--question what film is that a quote from?

Roger

Ah! Has to be The movie 'Contact'

Ron.

• Like 1

I much prefer S @ N as it's presented by real astronomers with a passion for their subject, while Horizon, even when it covers real science, is too often made by "Meeja studies" kids who think they have to play silly whatsits with the editing or camera nonsense to make it "interesting" (Presumably for those with goldfish attention spans), then slap a too loud music track on.

• Like 2

If only Maggie A-P would sort out her presentation style when she's speaking to camera.  I love her enthusiasm for the subject material, but she keeps

pausing at random

places in her sentences and the

broken rhythm makes

her quite awkward to

listen to.

But she doesn't appear to do it at all when she's actually interviewing someone.  It's very odd.

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, apophisOAS said:

Correct,  what a film, Such a great shame we lost the great Carl Sagan .

Roger

A true Gent, and Scholar of renown, well loved and respected by his Students, and many many folks worldwide.

His Cosmos series had me spellbound.

Ron.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm a charlatan but wouldn't it make a refreshing change to watch a program with actual amateurs doing their thing?. Imagine a fly on the wall doing the rounds to each of our houses watching the setting ups, the cockups, the look of amazement when stuff works etc😁. I'd watch those definitely

Steve

• Like 1