NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IAS Photos

Mr Spock

Just now, Alan White said:

I was at the IAS today, saw Helen but didn't spot any others, sorry.
What a great show it was.

Had your mugshot on the phone but didn't spot you Alan or a couple of others.

I suggest next time everybody gets orange beanie hats like Chris as he was easy to spot :D

Dave

• Haha 1

Nice to see those photos Michael - thanks for posting them :smiley:

I spotted Lockie in one I think.

Lots of refractors around aren't there ?

I'm sorry that I could not get there. Hopefully at the next one or even Astrofest perhaps ? :smiley:

16 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Yes, lot's of lovely refractors :biggrin: Quite a few stunning 150mm apos I'd like to take home, and, an interesting ES 165mm apo... 

The ES 165 never seems to get mentioned anywhere, not seen a review.

At the normal price of £8,900 (Telescope House currently have it on special offer) it is more than twice that of the Esprit 150 and some other 6in APO's, that's a lot to pay for an extra 13-15mm of aperture, although it does now appear to include a Feathertouch focuser as standard, and quite a bit cheaper than a TEC or CFF 160. 

John

Edited by johnturley

Looks like Santa's Grotto in there. Seems to be more telescopes than people . I can only Imagine the amount of drooling In there though.  I wonder how frugal I could be in a place like that after a huge lottery win 😁.  Nice set of pics. Michael. Anyone take in any of the talks ?

Ron.

I decided not to go this year. I've been for many years now. This weekend is very busy for me anyway  and I just didn't fancy hacking up and down the A34/M40 on a grim November day. I hope it's not going to be in November from now on. I prefer going there earlier in the year. 

It looks like it was a good show in the pics.  Thanks for posting those. At least we can see what we missed! 🙂 

Was it in a different building this year?  Were there more or fewer exhibitors? 

It certainly seems from the kit on display that refractors are becoming the instruments of choice,  truss tube RCs once again very thin on the ground.

Or maybe it’s just easier to pack refractors  into the van?☺️