NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help identifying equipment, please?

I'm convinced 5 from the top is something like this: http://www.bixnet.com/dd120xc.html to be used along side other connectors in this sort of layout - which might help explain other bits and bobs - I bet there was a large battery somewhere in the set-up https://www.bixpower.com/product-p/ups250-dd90x.htm

Edited by JOC

5 some sort of variable 12 volt power supply probably been used to power a laptop about £25.00 new

6 looks like an SCT converter of some sort £15.0 new

11 possibly a focal reducer should be marked though .5 or something  £10.00 ?

12 some sort of adapter, does it have a different thread each side ?

13 C thread camera adapter ?

Dave

4 could be a GPS receiver but you'd hope it was indicated on it somewhere

Edited by Davey-T

2 hours ago, AnnieWhite said:

If I could give anyone a piece of advice in life, its make a list of you hobby 'tools' I do embroidery and I know full well none of my family would have a clue, so I now have a list with pictures for them to use, in case of my early demise.  Enjoy your de-clutter!

You know I have often thought the same. I have lots of N Gauge model railway stuff, a lot of it never used then there my astronomy gear but I think it may frighten me how much it is worth and also the wife may divorce me when she realises. 

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter_D said:

Hi Annie,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

The first 3 photos are a 'Teleskop Service 7mm HR' eyepiece. I  have the same eyepiece except it is a 4mm one. 

Best regards

Peter

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

top one is a focuser from a telescope so he possibly upgraded one of his scope. The thing with wires is a light panel used to take calibration frames with a camera. I missed the first set of images so not sure if they contained the scopes so not sure what telescope it would be from.

I helped an elderly couple up the road from me do something similar. I fact I ended up testing cleaning and listing all the items and just pointed any potential buyers in their direction. We found the more expensive items were easy to sell but the smaller things just got bundled together and sold in small lots.

It is strange as I found they thought the larger things were worth more and kept overlooking the smaller items that were worth much much more.

Edited by spillage

On 18/10/2019 at 05:12, AnnieWhite said:

Okay so I have a few more bits (I cant believe I am still finding bits, he stashed them everywhere!

19 (2).jpg

19.jpg

10.jpg

I believe the top pictures correspond to a webcam adapter fitted with an ir/uv cut filter, such as:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Webcam-Adapter-for-Telescope-1-25-Thread-Good-for-Taking-Moon-Video-Capture-/172777196864

Cheers,

NV