NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Now ..

Brian28

Postman dropped the October edition of Astronomy now through the letterbox on Monday morning . Always eager to scan through I ripped it out of the wrapping to find one of my shots ( NGC281) in the Gallery and they had also used it at the front of the magazine .. 

needless to say I'm stoked ! 🤗

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 20

Congratulations Brian, getting it twice in one issue and one the front page too.  Astronomy Mow pay you for published images, this happened to me once and I got £50 for the front cover and £25 for the inside pages.  You always get a complimentary copy of the mag too which is what normally alerts me to the fact that an image has been published.

Carole 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, alan potts said:

When I started (73) the only comment you would see in a mag or book was Hale 200 inch or the like, great image and very well done, how times have changed .

Alan

Hi Alan , I have been into photography for over 30  years, both as a hobby and living , but  I haven't been into Astrophotography for very long at all , just over a year now ..not because I wasn't interested in what was up there , I just don't think we could image these things from our back gardens with relatively modest kit .. and since joining this forum I'm always amazed by the images people post whatever their level and abilities.. With technology ever improving I'm sure our images will also improve . 

• Like 2

Good stuff Brian 👍

As you are on Canvey Island you would be more than welcome at your local club - Castle Point Astronomy Club - most Wednesdays at 8.00pm.   Free tea / coffee, and if you’re quick, biscuits too 😁  

Your first meeting is free and If you join, we have two members only dark sites......

Ed.

• Like 1

Hi Brian  👍

Nice one, great to see your hard work in print.
I know you have been on quite a journey over the past year or so,
this is a great reward for the hard work.
Have been watching your images that you post up and enjoying them.

As Ed says above, be great to see you at CPAC again.

Alan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

Well done, Brian, a lovely image and a real boost to see your work in print! 👍

Hi Steve , thanks for your nice comment.. I must say though your first book has helped a great deal , especially in the very beginning of my Astrophotography trek ..  though I still refer back to it quite regularly as well as your second book for the processing ..   so thank you 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian28 said:

Hi Steve , thanks for your nice comment.. I must say though your first book has helped a great deal , especially in the very beginning of my Astrophotography trek ..  though I still refer back to it quite regularly as well as your second book for the processing ..   so thank you 👍

My pleasure but you've done all the hard work and it shows in your image 😎

• Like 2