Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

An anti-depression Saturn!

astroavani

spacer.png
The months of July, August and September are always critical in southern Brazil. With the occurrence of El Nino, this year looks like it was even worse. Frequently cloudy skies, a lot of rain, including hail and Jet Stream always on high. Not only that, these are the months when I have the most professional appointments. All of this is very difficult to get acceptable photos, but some, like the attached photo can save and comes to bring some relief to my withdrawal depression of planets.
https://www.astrobin.com/full/c6fwvg/0/?nc=user

• Like 26

17 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Saturn is mush from here. At x73, the maximum it will hold, I can see rings and that's about it!

Not all the time.......

I've had 2 good sessions with it since i've had my new scope, and another 2 not so good.

3 nights ago (Thursday) the seeing seemed a load better, very good in fact.

I could see 80% of Cassini, the shadow of Saturn on its rings, a clear distinct band on the planet, and 3 sometimes 5 moons. It took 196x quite happily.

Its always a beautiful sight to me, no matter how bad the conditions are.

• Like 1