Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More madness they call the Squid

Ibbo!

Ha /O3 very much work in progress.

I gave up prodding and poking it as I was making it worse, I am certain that there is more to be had out of this data.

so far over 250,000 seconds in data.

I must be stark staring bonkers ( but we all knew that)

spacer.png

• Like 21

Thanks all

yes it is madness.

On the image hosting site last year i said I would get an 1/2 decent image even if it took me years and yes it is going to take me a good while yet till I am satisfied.

Just now, Ibbo! said:

Thanks all

yes it is madness.

On the image hosting site last year i said I would get an 1/2 decent image even if it took me years and yes it is going to take me a good while yet till I am satisfied.

I've been working on the Cas A SNR for several years ( lost count ) always good to have a WIP :D

Dave

• Haha 1

You have done better than me. I still don't have the complete edge of the squid visible.  I also did half hour subs. Have been told you need a 3nm oiii filter. 

Carole

Edited by carastro
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ibbo! said:

Combination of 7nm and 3nm the 3 is better

Excellent image!

I've tried this through both 7 and 3 nm filters.  I captured nothing at all through the 7nm, but the 3nm is very promising.

I came to the conclusion that OIII is susceptible to light pollution and any moonlight (compared to Ha), and I would never have captured it with the 7nm filter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, don4l said:

Excellent image!

I've tried this through both 7 and 3 nm filters.  I captured nothing at all through the 7nm, but the 3nm is very promising.

I came to the conclusion that OIII is susceptible to light pollution and any moonlight (compared to Ha), and I would never have captured it with the 7nm filter.

I did the 7nm in Scotland from home it really is only just above the LP noise.