Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
eshy76

NGC 7000 and IC 5070 North America and Pelican nebulae

Hi everyone,

The North America and Pelican nebulae are situated in the Cygnus constellation and are thought to be 1800 light years away. My favourite part of the image is "The Wall", which is the "Mexico" part of the North America nebula and is a source of intense star formation.

The data for this image was collected all on one night and therefore could do with more integration, but I like the result. I've used my go-to "natural blend" narrowband (as originally suggested by Jon Rista on Cloudy Nights):

R = 76%*Ha + 24%*SII
G = OIII
B = 85%*OIII + 15%*Ha

I personally prefer this "natural blend" to the Hubble palette both in terms of look and ease of processing!

4 hours integration time, captured with WO Z73/ZWO ASI1600MM Pro/Astrodon Filters. Full details here.

Thanks for looking!

760507435_NGC7000andIC5070NaturalBlend2019-07-22(Rescaled).png.adb7117d69132a360c626c3393997574.png

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AstroRuz
      As new condition ultra narrowband 1.25" Baader filter. 3.5nm bandpass for nice small stars.
      Bought and loved it, but planning on going from mono back to OSC so won't have a use for this narrow a bandpass.

£130

• By AstroRuz
      Selling my full narrowband set up for multiple reasons: I could do with the money and mono just isn't really doing it for me.
      £1000
      Includes:
      Altair Astro 183m Tec
      Baader Narrowband filters (Ha, OIII, SII and Clear)
      ZWO Electronic Mini Filter Wheel
      All associated cables/plugs
      T2 extensions to reach 55mm back focus for use with reducers
      Boxes and cases
      There is a scratch on the T2-T2 adaptor for the filter wheel and a couple of the labels on the filter boxes have been torn. But otherwise the important parts work perfectly well.
      Collection or postage via DPD.
      Buyer to pay postage and PayPal fees.
      No offers currently accepted, and I would rather not split

• By LuminousCRO
      I was looking to get into astrophotography with my 10 inch dobson and for start would like to buy something affordable. Cameras can be used or new. Thanks in advance!
    • By masjstovel
      Hi,
      I bought my first telescope, SW 150pds about 6 months ago with the purpose of astroimaging "when i feel ready".  So far ive used my Nikon D810 for that, and I'm now  planning on taking the step buying my first AP camera.
      My targets would be DSO's, and not planetary. I want a mono-camera, not color. 

I want to get away with a very good camera to a reasonable price (wouldn't we all...) and in this regard I've been drooling on the ZWO ASI 1600MM Mono for some time. The price for it is in the upper part of my budget, but I'm willing to if its worth it.  I've seen from other treads that sensor-size isn't everything, and dynamic range and gain and all is just as important, but i have trouble understanding it all 100% when it's all new to me, but in my experience i am a practical person who learns things much better and faster with the gear in my hand. So without getting to technical, and staying as objective as possible - please help me with; 

1. Is this a good camera to go for?
      2. It's sold with options of filters 1.25", 31mm or 36mm - Why these options, and what determines what i would choose?

3. Would you go for another camera in this price range, and why? - Or to rephrase it a bit; If you were in my shoes, which camera would you og for?

I'd appreciate any help:)

I might add, that i understand that with my lack of experience, buying a mono-camera with filters and all might seem premature, but for some strange reason. I enjoy these "way over my head"-projects and figuring  out things as time goes - I just need some guiding in the right direction. 
    • By widotje
      Hifolks,
      Here's my take on IC1396, let me know what you think.
      In total 7.5 hours exposure time using narrowband Ha, Sii, Oiii.
      Post processing in photoshop and lightroom.

Thanks for watching, clear skies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.