Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Apollo 15 landing site

Very amazing!   I use a 200pds(1000mmf5) and as I recall, each pixel on my astrocam works out as a 400m square.  No footprints for me, but I'll report back if I see any new housing estates popping up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Craney said:

As a matter of scale,  does anybody know the size  (width) of that rille, canyon  to the immediate left of your yellow circle ??   

(great picture btw. )  

The Hadley Rille is around 1.5km wide for much of it's length I believe. It averages around 400 metres deep.

Really superb image astroavani :thumbright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, John said:

The Hadley Rille is around 1.5km wide for much of it's length I believe. It averages around 400 metres deep.

Really superb image astroavani :thumbright:

Thanks for answering the colleague's question Creaney,  I was working and had not yet looked at the comments.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Superb as usual Avani, I had a pathetic attempt at the Apollo 11 site last night with the Moon lurking low down in the murk.

Dave

Every lunar image has its beauty friend Dave, we have to respect the setup and seeing factors each time we analyze an image.
You can never compare two images made in place and with totally different equipment is not it?