ZWO120MC connection problem

Good day. I need help.

I'm experiencing problems with our ZWO120MC being used as our guide camera with our telescope set-up.

It is connecting with the USB port but it is not being recognized. I tried restarting the PC, changing the USB cables, re-plugging and installed the necessary drivers from the ZWO website, but unfortunately, nothing worked. I tried with the other ZWO120MM and that one worked. So I thought it could be hardware or just driver issues. We operate all equipment through a Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit PC.

I also did what ZWO support suggested us to do (uninstall and reinstall drivers) but did not work. Why's the case? Is it because of my camera's outdated or for any other reason? 

Your thoughts/suggestions regarding this issue are much appreciated. Thank you very much. Clear skies.

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_20190605_001851.jpg

zwo120mc not recognized.jpg

It’s not a ZWO but an Expanse camera. Lots of vids on Youtube about it but can’t find out much about it. Anything is in Portugese and seems to be from Brazil and dates from 2014 - 2015 and can only find used cameras for sale so they may not be made any more.

91A4FA7F-1219-4045-823D-35FA10156543.jpeg

8 minutes ago, DougM43 said:

I’m no expert but Are you sure it’s a  Zwo120? Doesn’t look anything like mine, looks more like an Altair camera to me 

What might be useful is if you could look at the properties in device manager and see if you can find the values for "VID" and "PID".  That might help identify the camera or what drivers to use for it.

James

2 hours ago, AldrinBGabuya said:

I also did what ZWO support suggested us to do (uninstall and reinstall drivers) but did not work. Why's the case? Is it because of my camera's outdated or for any other reason? 

It is because, as John & Doug say, your camera is not a ZWO camera. 

Best you contact your supplier. 

Archived