Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

I took these two photos only seconds apart. The top bit I took secondly. I’m not sure what it is I’ve captured. But can anyone tell me what it could be??

D3D24A84-87A3-4D0F-B382-B6F929AD8B3B.jpeg

Hello and welcome to SGL. Unfortunately the photos are too out of focus to identify what it is you saw. Was this a static object ? Which direction was you looking ? Time / date / location ?  If you know the last three you can use Stellarium to identify the object.

Is it Jupiter? And the first one looks to me like hand-held camera shake on, say, a 1/4 second exposure...

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 3

Welcome to SGL. :thumbsup:

Try to make another Photo..?

Cheers

Martin

Hi @Beckiii__ and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

If you can provide some more info... i.e date, time, direction, etc,. then we can advise more.

The top-half reminds me of this ---> th.jpg.f93b3533573109548fcc35406ff7f9e5.jpg ...the Debian Linux OS logo! 

• Like 1

Hard to say, looks like a planet with moons. The swirly bit is where the camera moved

Yes, essentially you've captured the movement of the camera. As Tim says, that's the loop and the two bright patches at each end of it are the same object recorded in different positions after the wobble. This does pose a second question, though: why have the other objects not left equivalent trails? The answer, I think, is that they are not bright enough. They have only been recorded on the chip during the stable period before or after the wobble. Once on the move they were too faint to be recorded.

Olly

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.