SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello, i live in delhi,India with bortle 7-8 skies

I recently got an astromaster 130eq and wanted to picture jupiter and saturn with it. With jupiter i could see two of its moons with my eyes but wasnt able to capture it and saturn just appears as a regular star. Im new to this so need some help.

here are some pics i took at 5am in the morning

20220430_053933.jpg

20220430_053055.jpg

Edited by Dhanan
Tags

Hi Danan

Your shots look blurred, probably due to atmospheric turbulence - like looking at a coin on the bottom of a swimming pool.

Take lots of shots at the fastest shutter speed that gives a fairly good exposure.

Some of those shots may be "lucky", taken at an instance when the air was still.

For this reason Planetary Imagers usually use dedicated video Planetary cameras, taking long duration video files at fast frame rates.

Stacking software then picks out the frames that aren't blurred.

Michael

On 30/04/2022 at 02:00, Dhanan said:

I recently got an astromaster 130eq and wanted to picture jupiter and saturn with it. With jupiter i could see two of its moons with my eyes but wasnt able to capture it and saturn just appears as a regular star. Im new to this so need some help.

Welcome to SGL. I have the same scope and you should be able to see the ring around Saturn on a clear night with your eyes. I purchased a Svbony 23mm eyepiece and found that gave better views than the erecting eyepiece supplied with scope. Good luck.

I have since started using this scope for imaging with a dedicated camera (see link in signature) so dont be put off if you hear comments that its a poor scope :)