NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mondays AR2738, What a whooper. 8-4-19

xtreemchaos

darn weather but i manage a few frames. im still trying so if i get the proms ill update.

kit starwave 102 f11, quark, asi120mc.

ta for looking. clear skys. charl.

AR2730. 450 frames.

775115961_ar27388-4--19.thumb.png.db2fe7e851767a4f581b88d300c805c1.png

just caught this prom on the upper off going limb but clouded out now with a hint of rain.

571551709_prom18-4-19.thumb.png.f77e6ebbe5c947c54aedf09e3c1ea01f.png

WOHOO, super stuff,  perhaps the Sun is waking up, foggy here for the third day running, the forecast says brighter later but they said that yesterday and it never did, it did stop raining so perhaps that's what they meant by " brighter " :grin:

Dave

thanks Guys, when i seen the sky thismorrning my heart sunk but i powered up on the off chance while doing my computer work and got lucky. hoping you all get the chance soon theres quite a few gaps heading north east this afternoon so some might get lucky. charl.

Thanks Charl for the 'heads up'. Its been raining and cloudy yesterday and most of today. The slight good news is the Sun has started to appear through hazy cloud. I just took out the standard PST and can clearly see AR2738 but not much else.

Hopefully, we will have a few clear days to follow its development.

An update - things are improving so I have added the DS. Can clearly see some plage under the Spot (PST position) + a Prom again just under the Spot + another around the edge. Not great visibility but at least we have some activity to observe.

Archived