Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

4 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Worth trying manually with a bhatinov mask?

James

Not really - I can remote focus manually and then take an image and see the result.  I can't see that a Bhatinov mask could achieve anything.

Edited by Gina

Restarted everything and had capture working again.  Slewed to target and plate solved to "really" slew to it.  Captured a single test image successfully then tried to capture 20 subs and it wouldn't.   I don't understand it - it's always worked before.  I just can't think what can be wrong!  Guess I'll have to "knock it on the head" for tonight unless I can think of anything else.

This method of multiple subs works - one at a time.  I've added a few more plus a 10 set on the end to see what happens.  The sky seems to be getting poor now though.

1601243099_Screenshotfrom2019-09-0700-23-37.thumb.png.5417bca45a9f3177722141941189f8eb.png

All closed up for the night.  Total cloud coverage.  So... what achieved tonight?  Meridian flip successful, lens change successful.  That seems to be it!

Plate solving is working fine on my system despite seemingly poor focus but I'll bear that in mind if I have a problem.

Edited by Gina