Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

For reference, a couple of quick pics done last year, with the ASI1600

The whole of Orion and Barnard's Loop with 35mm Elmarit in Ha RGB

135195148_OrionHRGB.jpg.85d92ab9e3f9778dc472419968b774f1.jpg

Next, with the 180mm Apo-Telyte-R

1251863526_SecondHRGBStack.thumb.jpg.af451046b8bd837cb9640a5aa9f95714.jpg

Not claiming they're any great shakes, and have been cropped here and there for alignment edges as they were set up by eye on a SA.

• Like 2

I'm seeing a bit more green for Wednesday, but Friday for me is solid red.

Will try a Sequence run after getting some input from Wolfgang at ASA. If it works it'll be a fill in job on Stephan and Deer. If it doesn't work, hopefully there'll still be time to do a manual run. maybe just L.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gina said:

Just thought of that myself - I could, couldn't I?  Just a matter of setting the time for night-time and testing an imaging run.

Either that or just tracking the stars in real time, close to the zenith.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gina said:

setting the time for night-time

No need. Kstars will show you the object crossing the meridian. It doesn't care whether you or your camera can see the object or not. Just choose something close to the meridian whenever you choose to test.

Unfortunately that will only test the flip itself. What EKOS will not be able to do is plate solve on the other side after the flip. That you can only do with real stars.

HTH.

Looked in my lens box and I have two more 105mm f2.8 lenses.  I remember now that I had set up a triple imaging rig at one stage with three Atik cameras - since sold.  So with two 105mm lenses I don't need to bother about the fogged up lens - it can take as long as it needs to dry out. 

One thing is certain, I'm not doing any more unsupervised imaging until I have the ROR automation with rain detection working and that is now top priority.

My all sky camera is on the books but lower priority.  When it was working it was very useful for watching for clouds.  Currently the remote focus isn't working and the new case needs finishing.  One plan I had for a deluxe ASC has been scuppered by ZWO discontinuing their ASI 385MC-Cool camera.